Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

didnt our dpoy not get injured, or have i been in a dream the past few months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Was beginning to wonder if we were going to have any injuries!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Not a huge blow. We have depth at the position and good thing it happened aug 1 so he should not miss to many games. My guess is he is back by week 2 or 4. No need to rush him back for week 3 if he does not play week 2 since its a short week. My guess is he either plays week 1 or sits till week 4. This is where depth comes in which we have. Can't wait to see if davon drew can play. He will get his shot now
    We do?

Ed Dickson is the only TE on the roster with NFL game time experience.

Bruce Figgins and Matt Balasavage are undrafted rookies and Davon Drew has been a practice squad guy for the past 2-3 years.

This is a BIG blow IMO if it trickles over into the season. Hopefully it won't, but you never know. Pitta is Flacco's favorite target out on the field.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull a TE back into camp to compete with the young guys for that 3rd TE spot.

Maybe look at someone like Brody Eldrige, who was just released from the Colts. He's a good blocking TE.

Some other FA TE's out there...
    Billy Bajema
    Anthony Becht
    Daniel Graham
    Reggie Kelly
    Justin Peele
    Jeremy Shockey
    Kris Wilson
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If there is a bright side, it may be that this will force Cam Cameron to use more 3 WR sets.
    +1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    didnt our dpoy not get injured, or have i been in a dream the past few months?
    I think you're confused.

5. Re: Pitta Breaks Hand

Idk what some of you guys are talking about. We have nobody besides Dickson and Pitta. Drew's virtually been a bum ever since coming into the league and the other TE's are bigger bodied UDFA's. Balasavage looks interesting. Still, wishing Pitta's back by the start of the season. Joe and Dennis were developing some nice chemistry last year. Pitta's got some of the best hands around the league too so we need him!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Idk what some of you guys are talking about. We have nobody besides Dickson and Pitta. Drew's virtually been a bum ever since coming into the league and the other TE's are bigger bodied UDFA's. Balasavage looks interesting. Still, wishing Pitta's back by the start of the season. Joe and Dennis were developing some nice chemistry last year. Pitta's got some of the best hands around the league too so we need him!
    You sir, are correct.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Good thing the season is 7 weeks out or we might be in trouble.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't rule out a visit from Jeremy Shockey.

Damn this is bad news, just when Pitta was really starting to get good.

If I had to pick between Dickson and Pitta as to who would be more effective with a hand injury, it'd be Pitta. Definitely sucks because it sounded like he was going to be the primary TE option.

I'd kick the tires on Shockey. What could it hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    Good thing the season is 7 weeks out or we might be in trouble.
    Trouble would be an overstatement. Yes pitta is important but he is not our offense or our leading receiver or even top e leading pass catcher. Yes he and joe have chemistry but so do joe and dickson and boldin and it looks like he may be developing it with doss and Torrey. There is 7 weeks till the opener. Plenty of time to heal a broken hand for a te

Every team gets camp injuries lets just hope this is the only one to a starter and be thankful that it happened during the first 4 days of camp

Well, I think for the first part of the season if needbe we can live on 1TE sets if we what we are really seeing is a step up on that 3rd WR position. How often did we play 2TE set last year with both of them healthy?

It's an UGH for sure, but I'm not panicking just yet.