Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did the bye week make the Ravens offense a little rusty?

With the dropped passes did you get the feeling the Ravens offense was a little rusty? I know there have been dropped passes all year long but they just seemed a little rusty to me. I'm sure the Houston defense had a little to do with it. This was even more evident in the Green Bay game too where Rodgers was inaccurate and his receivers were dropping passes.

Anyway, I'm going with this thought just to make me feel better about our chances on Sunday.

Blog Entries

Re: Did the bye week make the Ravens offense a little rusty?

They really only had like 4 days off so no, it gave them a chance to get healthy. It's not like this is the first game they've dropped passes. It got them healthy.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulahoo View Post
    With the dropped passes did you get the feeling the Ravens offense was a little rusty? I know there have been dropped passes all year long but they just seemed a little rusty to me. I'm sure the Houston defense had a little to do with it. This was even more evident in the Green Bay game too where Rodgers was inaccurate and his receivers were dropping passes.

Anyway, I'm going with this thought just to make me feel better about our chances on Sunday.
    I think they actually came out with a case of nerves and I think they ran into a team that was bringing it more than any other team this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRock View Post
    I think they actually came out with a case of nerves and I think they ran into a team that was bringing it more than any other team this weekend.
    I can agree with this theory. I think the team had some shivers about the fact that this is their first home play-off game since laying out a complete dud in 2006. There truly was more pressure on the team during this game than any game the team has ever played, I believe. We had a home play-off game, we were defending our undefeated home record for the 2011 season, we were defending our all-time undefeated at M&T against rookie quarterbacks record, we had a situation where everyone was saying it would be am embarrassment to have Flacco be outplayed by a rookie QB. Etc etc etc. There was a lot of talk about this being the Ravens' game to lose. The pressure was really insurmountable. I think it's actually quite impressive that the Ravens managed to pull off a victory against an incredible team when so many things were going wrong for the offense in this game and while facing so much scrutiny from the media and having so much to prove.

Blog Entries

I heard Boldin come out and say just that. It's not a good excuse but it's very possible. Green Bay also looked very rusty.

Blog Entries

wouldn't doub it... certainly was the case with GB. Rodgers hadn't played since Christmas Eve I think, and their timing was off and the drops were everywhere. If not for poor officiating, the Gmen would've blown them out.

Won't be a problem this week

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm not liking bye weeks this year. Our defense was a rolling juggernaut of butcher knives up until our week 5 bye and then seemed to loose it's momentum a bit. It got going again after a bit but Newton's 1st law seems to be in visible effect for a lot of teams this year.

Maybe a little, but it had much more to do with Houston's defense.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

I cannot agree with an offense becoming rusty during any part of an NFL season. They catch balls the same way in practice as they do in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    I cannot agree with an offense becoming rusty during any part of an NFL season. They catch balls the same way in practice as they do in the game.
    But the speed in practice is nothing compared to an NFL playoff game.

I agree that Texans defense was the biggest factor with being Rusty and distant second.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Yes, to much time practicing soft. Needed to have a hard hitting game to keep the adrenaline going and keep them in the right mind frame. Time off helped the hurt, but made them soft. Just like the Packers, who had the one of the most dominating offenses this year. Great stats for Rodgers but he is one and done. Same for Brees and Pig Ben, now the talking heads are hoping brady can win.Ravens are back on track after this last game and have renewed their adrenaline rush needed to go to the SB. Hope it is a sunny game day because brady will need sunglasses after looking up in the sky after Suggs has his way with him.

Why are we all making excuses? We have had an extremely inconsistent season, especially on the offensive side of the ball, and all of the sudden we are surprised when we go out against a top three defense and stall?