Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

I think Ogden is likely the 2nd best LT ever. I think his odds of getting in next year are above 80%. I wouldn't be shocked if he had to wait until year two.

I am excited that we finally get a true Ravens player into the HOF. Hopefully, it happens next year, slam dunk!

Quote Originally Posted by KidSampson View Post
    The first drafted by the Ravens. Woodson and Sharpe are already in.
    I don't believe that either Woodson or Sharpe went into the HOF as Ravens players. I personally don't consider the late career rent-a-Ravens should be considered as "our" guys for purposes of NFL records and HOF. I would consider making the trek to the HOF to see JO inducted, but not for Woodson or Sharpe.

Then again, I will never go into the HOF until I see "Baltimore Colts" displays segregated from those of Irsay's current franchise!
    Last edited by Mista T; 05-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

3. Re: Jonathan Ogden will be eligible for the HOF next year. Will he get in?

Has a team ever drafted two players in the first round (in the same draft) and both ended up in the HOF?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BOHlieve In Flacco View Post
    Has a team ever drafted two players in the first round (in the same draft) and both ended up in the HOF?
    It's rare for a team to have multiple 1st round picks in a single draft so I doubt it.

I'm pretty sure the Steelers drafted 4 Hall of Fame players in the 1974 draft and it was their first 4 selections which is even more incredible.
    Last edited by GOTA; 05-17-2012 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Too much pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I don't believe that either Woodson or Sharpe went into the HOF as Ravens players.
    Unlike MLB, players do not go into the NFL HOF as a player of an single team. They don't have to pick and a single team isn't picked for them.

They are listed by all teams they played for.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Unlike MLB, players do not go into the NFL HOF as a player of an single team. They don't have to pick and a single team isn't picked for them.

They are listed by all teams they played for.
    Thank you. I never understood how people think NFL players go into the HOF as a member of a team. All of their career accomplishments are listed, including all teams they played for.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BOHlieve In Flacco View Post
    Don't know, but let's also give credit to the man who had the final decision on drafting them. I forget, who was he and what is he doing now? ... Bc

First ballot. You can bank on it!
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Agreed, and I read (on more than one occasion) that JO was a cheapskate. That's really a good thing if you're a pro athlete because your career is so short. I'm sure JO is financially sound, and I am glad he is... Bc
    I don't know so much a cheapskate as he doesn't have expensive pastimes. He likes golf and reading. You can do that forever for without breaking the bank I imagine.

lol....and Janet Jackson concerts....

He should be a 1st ballot HOF, unless a certain Cleveland sportswriter raises a stink about anything Ravens. Maybe they took away his vote since he was fired from the newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    He should be a 1st ballot HOF, unless a certain Cleveland sportswriter raises a stink about anything Ravens. Maybe they took away his vote since he was fired from the newspaper.
    Grossi will have ZERO effect on whether or not Ogden gets in first ballot. Modell was already a bubble guy, and Grossi found enough people willing to sympathize with Browns fans over the way Modell left town.

Ogden can probably thank Favre for "un-retiring" the same year.. Had Favre stayed retired I think Strahan and Favre would have gone first ballot and Ogden would have probably had to wait a year or two. O-linemen have their work cut out for them getting in the HOF to begin with.. It's not a glamour position.

Warren Sapp might also steal a few votes as well..