Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: Best and Worst Interactions with NFL Players?

great thread. let's keep this going

Quote Originally Posted by baltimorebred View Post
    lol. when did this go on?
    Lol...my friends and I were 14 at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Lol...my friends and I were 14 at the time.

Did he know what was going on?

Did he know what was going on?
    Yup.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Just left Ocean City Elementary School where Michael Vick was in the audience watching his niece in the 4th grade musical.

Gs3/tapatak
    Facebook -> Craig.Ciurca
    Twitter -> @papa_ciurca
    Instagram -> @papa_ciurca

Blog Entries

Used to stay at the Marriott in Farmington, CT a lot and the ESPN folks stay there. Saw Jaws a few times, Keith Jackson, Ditka, Troy Aikman, Brent Musburger (complete ass) and a few others.

Ditka couldn't have been nicer and I did not bother him other than to say he was one of my favs. Jaws and KJ joke around a lot. Troy wanted his own booth away from people but I suspect he's had a lot of attention and tires of it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Used to stay at the Marriott in Farmington, CT a lot and the ESPN folks stay there. Saw Jaws a few times, Keith Jackson, Ditka, Troy Aikman, Brent Musburger (complete ass) and a few others.

Ditka couldn't have been nicer and I did not bother him other than to say he was one of my favs. Jaws and KJ joke around a lot. Troy wanted his own booth away from people but I suspect he's had a lot of attention and tires of it.
    What was Musberger like?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post

I also met Gheorge Muresan who is the biggest human being I have ever seen.
    I met Muresan too. I had a friend who worked for the Nets and the Bullets were in town. It's tough to take in someone that size. When I was a kid my friends and I saw Andre the Giant. That was the only similar person I had seen similar to Muresan. These guys are just massive. They really do come across as giants.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I met Muresan too. I had a friend who worked for the Nets and the Bullets were in town. It's tough to take in someone that size. When I was a kid my friends and I saw Andre the Giant. That was the only similar person I had seen similar to Muresan. These guys are just massive. They really do come across as giants.
    When was this?

Blog Entries

What was Musberger like?
    He was with his wife, pulled the car up and then started trying to drag their suitcases out through a manual open door. He was clearly struggling so I asked if I can assist and he wouldn't even look at me. Just acted if I wasnt there. I said 'happy to hold the door for you' and he was clearly annoyed.

I guess he gets harassed for autographs and such but he just came off like a real ass. I let him struggle with the bags while I just watched with my arms folded.

OT - that night Charles Barkley was at the bar drinking Coronas. He had us in stitches; what a comedian. He said he was on his way to Phoenix and a blonde girl says "maybe I could go with you". He just looked down his nose and said "I don't think so". He was awesome.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

When was this?
    I met Muresan in the mid 90's. Andre I saw in the early 80's. He used to live in Stamford, CT which is where the headquarters of the WWE, WWF back then, is. I had a cousin in Stamford and we would go to the local mall when I visited him. There was big man/tall man shop there and we used to see a lot of wrestlers go there. Andre was at the mall with a small group who kept everyone away. I saw Hulk Hogan once, who was a complete dick to some kids who asked for an autograph. I also saw one of Wild Samoans and Bob Backland.

Backland was great with kids. He talked to us about staying active and getting involved with any kind of sports. That guy was ahead of his time.

Best interaction with players (former players) was the 1975-77 Colts reunion at Martin's West a few years ago. Getting to meet childhood heroes like Lydell Mitchell and Bert Jones was really cool. Everyone was great that day.
    Baltimore Football Championships
    Ravens 2000, 2012
    Stallions 95 CFL
    Stars 85 USFL
    Colts 58, 59, 70