Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

“Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Derrick Mason wants to Retire as a Raven

Shocking he didnt want to retire a Titan when he and Mcnair (r.i.p.) had a close relationship and went to the superbowl in 99-00. But kudos to D Mase!

Blog Entries

Doesn't he live in Nashville too? It's feels like kind of an honor that he'd want to retire a Raven and not a Titan.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

That's awesome and I can't wait until it happens.

Derrick gave us 6 incredible years...gave everything he had to this organization. Things got rocky at times, but he was a standup guy and I appreciate everything he has done for not only the Ravens but all the work he did in the community.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    Shocking he didnt want to retire a Titan when he and Mcnair (r.i.p.) had a close relationship and went to the superbowl in 99-00. But kudos to D Mase!
    And wasn't there some lockout of McNair treating him like a POS as they puched him out the door?
    Just saying that his relationship there may be a negative to Titans.

Anyway, I'd be honored as a fan for DMase to retire as a Raven, he was/is a warrior
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    He's still mad at them for not wanting to pay him

Blog Entries

That's great! He played like a Raven and deserves to retire as one. I'll never forget him coming back into the game in Dallas game with a fucked up ass shoulder and still making plays.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

This is great news. Mason should be honored by the Ravens in some manner for the years he gave to the team. Actually, I would like the Ravens to consider hiring Mason to tutor the younger WRs on route running.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That's awesome and I can't wait until it happens.

Derrick gave us 6 incredible years...gave everything he had to this organization. Things got rocky at times, but he was a standup guy and I appreciate everything he has done for not only the Ravens but all the work he did in the community.
    Summed it up very well, we might have got tired of his mouth at times but it's no doubt he gave every inch of him between those white lines.

Question about him being in the RoH in 3, 2, 1, ....

;)

Don't get me wrong ...Derrick was great as a Raven, he was the best WR they ever had, and I'm happy that he looks back on his time here with great fondness.... But I kinda feel like poopoo-ing on this a bit. Personally I feel these ceremonial official retirements with the team they are most noted for should be reserved for HOF type caliber players. Like John coming back from SD and retiring as a Colt, Jerry Rice retiring as a 49er, Emmitt Smith as a Cowboy, etc. Mason always had an inflated view of his self-worth and I feel that an official retirement from the Ravens is a little bit too much ego-stroking on his end. Sorry... I know this isn't probably the most popular of opinions but its how I feel.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Don't get me wrong ...Derrick was great as a Raven, he was the best WR they ever had, and I'm happy that he looks back on his time here with great fondness.... But I kinda feel like poopoo-ing on this a bit. Personally I feel these ceremonial official retirements with the team they are most noted for should be reserved for HOF type caliber players. Like John coming back from SD and retiring as a Colt, Jerry Rice retiring as a 49er, Emmitt Smith as a Cowboy, etc. Mason always had an inflated view of his self-worth and I feel that an official retirement from the Ravens is a little bit too much ego-stroking on his end. Sorry... I know this isn't probably the most popular of opinions but its how I feel.
    Yours may not be the most preferred point-of-view on Mason, but I happen to agree with you. As popular as it may be, I don't think he's belonging to the all-time Ravens celebrated player history... Bc