Page 5 of 324 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Prospects

Re: Draft Prospects

I would love me some Alshon Jeffrey, but one he wont fall to us and two there are bigger needs at LB.

Blog Entries

Alshon Jeffrey would be pretty bomb. That guy is a monster.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

3. Re: Draft Prospects

I think its more evident than ever that not only do we need that #1 bonified, no one can cover big strong type of receiver, we need him bad!

Also defensively Linebacker all the way... I say go best player available no matter the position i'm sure that's what Ozzie will do.

But Honestly i haven't seen a LB as good as Burfict since Patrick Willis. No way we get him so Te'o... Hightower, Kuechly Honestly any one of those guys would be a great pickup.

Kuechley needs to get arrested or something lol so he drops. maybe smoke a doobie idk, but Getting that dude would be a dream.

Blog Entries

I don't think we'd go receiver first, but I think we should look at another receiver to take David Reed's spot next year.

Jordan White in the 3rd round would be pretty awesome. He's a faster version of Boldin, not quite as big though (6' 215lbs).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

5. Re: Draft Prospects

But i don't think Kuechley will come out this year, he seems like a graduate kinda guy.

Burfict on the other hand yeah i can almost guarantee he's coming out.

Kuechley and Teo are both playing in the same game today. Might be one worth watching. I wouldn't be shocked if both players are back on campus next year though.

Blog Entries

Vontaze Burfict. Must say the highlight video is impressive. The one where hes QB spy and then closes on him doesnt even seem humanly possible, so ridiculously fast in closing speed. athlete perspective and football sense, id like him to be here.

Two Red flags for me that negates that feeling.

Stupid bone head penalties and immaturity. seems like at least 2 videos of penalties or cheap shots to every highlight video i found. The one unsportsman penalty he got, his head coach was screaming for him to come off the field and he shook him off. I like that he wanted to stay out there and make up for it, but at the same time you need to listen to your HC. Also he leads with his head almost every single time. thats a penalty in the NFL and he doesnt seem to be changing that technique in college. as the announcers in 2 different videos said that hes received the same penalty the week before, so it must be a habit for him.

I could see those issues making him drop in the draft in all honesty. Little early to tell, just something I picked up on immediately when watching 5-6 videos. Im sure our scouting department as well as the rest of the NFL will find more to scrutinize him on than i did in 10 minutes.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    T'eo is Rey Maualuga version 2. Not saying that's a bad thing, he's a tackling machine, but nothing about T'eo's game excites me really.
    I get what you are saying, but only up to a point.

I've watched every game of Manti's career and think he's gonna be a very good pro. T'eo has great fundamentals, covers the field well, and makes the plays he should make. If you are looking for a ton of "splash" type plays, that's not him. He doesn't gamble all that often enough to make those type of plays, but he's always where you want him to be.

If Teo was a Mualuga clone, I think I'd be tickled.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    If Teo was a Mualuga clone, I think I'd be tickled.
    Yeah i dont see that as a bad thing at all. I was actually hoping the ravens would take him if he fell to their second pick. I dont think everything hes done in the NFL would make me regret that thought either.
    -JAB

10. Re: Draft Prospects

If u wanna talk about 3rd round recievers.... This might be my Arkansas bias coming out but.

Jarius Mutherfucking wright. That little dude is a bad ass. He's speed, just fast, quick as hell too.. He does most of his work in the slot. He's one of the top recievers in the SEC in terms of stats. I think he's #1 or 2 actually.

Joe Adams is another guy... He will be a late round steal for someone. Keep an eye on him... He's so elusive its incredible, and he has speed for days.

Both these guys are small, but they are quick, and fast.. Adams is probably my favorite, because i've seen him shake people in ways i didn't think was physically possible.

This play alone should get him drafted.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k81jKSmAGHk

11. Re: Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Vontaze Burfict. Must say the highlight video is impressive. The one where hes QB spy and then closes on him doesnt even seem humanly possible, so ridiculously fast in closing speed. athlete perspective and football sense, id like him to be here.

Two Red flags for me that negates that feeling.

Stupid bone head penalties and immaturity. seems like at least 2 videos of penalties or cheap shots to every highlight video i found. The one unsportsman penalty he got, his head coach was screaming for him to come off the field and he shook him off. I like that he wanted to stay out there and make up for it, but at the same time you need to listen to your HC. Also he leads with his head almost every single time. thats a penalty in the NFL and he doesnt seem to be changing that technique in college. as the announcers in 2 different videos said that hes received the same penalty the week before, so it must be a habit for him.

I could see those issues making him drop in the draft in all honesty. Little early to tell, just something I picked up on immediately when watching 5-6 videos. Im sure our scouting department as well as the rest of the NFL will find more to scrutinize him on than i did in 10 minutes.
    The highlights are impressive but you've gotta watch a game man.. they play on versus a lot, as well as sometimes on ESPN

He is very very impressive, he pops at you.

12. Re: Draft Prospects

Burfict does look good, but if he's gone, I like Hightower. He's big (6'4 260) and very physical, you always seem him delivering a punishing hit and can also rush the passer very well. Also, from what I understand he's a pretty good guy. I would love to have him.