Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Cams protection packages in the second half got him fired according to Preston and Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Joe isnt that kind of FU kind of guy like a Manning, Elway, Unitas, Roethlisberger,Brady or Warner. He's not Alpha.
    Alpha? Certainly Brady isn't considered Alpha. Out of that list he isn't the only one either. Flacco doesn't deserve a pass. He's a grown man now.

Blog Entries

Re: Cams protection packages in the second half got him fired according to Preston and Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    Alpha? Certainly Brady isn't considered Alpha. Out of that list he isn't the only one either. Flacco doesn't deserve a pass. He's a grown man now.
    :word

On one hand people want to call Flacco an "elite" QB that the Ravens should give a $100+ million contract, and on the other hand they give him a pass for bad decision making. You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Joe isnt that kind of FU kind of guy like a Manning, Elway, Unitas, Roethlisberger,Brady or Warner. He's not Alpha.
    He's not alpha? Not sure what that has to do with making bad decisions, but any NFL QB who plays 5 years without missing a game due to injury, certainly can't be called a sissy. In fact I can't remember him even missing a play because of an injury. I say he's alpha+. But still made a bad decision on the play in question.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    winner.

Anyone notice how quickly Brady got rid of the ball last night? You couldn't count to two before it was gone
    He has receivers running routes that are ready before you can count to two.

I haven't noticed any hot reads when other teams blitz with this offense under Cam. It's not just Flacco. The receivers aren't looking to change their routes based on the defense either, which leads me to believe the system under Cam just doesn't have that option. Either the O-line eats the blitz or the blitz eats Joe.

Which is nuts. I get it: the players need to execute. But that's setting them up for failure, especially if you're running a spread formation with an empty backfield. Any blitz scheme that sends more pass rushers than there are blockers is going to cause problems, especially when it's obvious the coaching has been to keep Flacco in the pocket. He may not be RGIII or Randall Cunningham, but we saw him run more during his first two years than he has since.

If Caldwell does nothing more than give Flacco opportunities to get rid of the ball quicker, he'll make this offense a lot more effective and efficient.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    :word

On one hand people want to call Flacco an "elite" QB that the Ravens should give a $100+ million contract, and on the other hand they give him a pass for bad decision making. You can't have it both ways.
    It's not giving Flacco a pass thinking the internet psychology experts and mind-readers are full of crap in their criticisms of Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    He has receivers running routes that are ready before you can count to two.

I haven't noticed any hot reads when other teams blitz with this offense under Cam. It's not just Flacco. The receivers aren't looking to change their routes based on the defense either, which leads me to believe the system under Cam just doesn't have that option. Either the O-line eats the blitz or the blitz eats Joe.

Which is nuts. I get it: the players need to execute. But that's setting them up for failure, especially if you're running a spread formation with an empty backfield. Any blitz scheme that sends more pass rushers than there are blockers is going to cause problems, especially when it's obvious the coaching has been to keep Flacco in the pocket. He may not be RGIII or Randall Cunningham, but we saw him run more during his first two years than he has since.

If Caldwell does nothing more than give Flacco opportunities to get rid of the ball quicker, he'll make this offense a lot more effective and efficient.
    half the time there was no route. He just took the snap and immediately threw it vertically to the WR. Washington is doing this a lot too, basically a quick bubble screen.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Bubble screens are horizontal throws, I think you mean.

I don't recall many bubble screens being thrown in this offense, and they aren't a good response to a blitz unless the DB is laying off 10 yards.

A lot of offenses have them as a set read between the QB and the receiver: if the DB tries to hang back, the QB and wide-out both know the QB is taking a one step drop and firing the ball. At the least, you should get four or five yards out of it if the defense was in man coverage.

We don't see enough DB's lining up that deep to make it work. Even though Smith and Jones are very fast, we don't have enough branches on the route tree to make them fear having to run with them. DB's tend to be pretty fast themselves, and if they aren't afraid you'll cut off the route if they turn their hips, they don't need to line up deep.