Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Just how good is Terrell Suggs playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Freeney wasn't making much noise before his injury, he's been dropping off for a few year now. Next year he'll be 34, his best years are behind him.

Suggs is playing his best ball at 30, he's on pace to have his best totals in sacks and tackles. Including his DPOY year. If he stays healthy there's several years left.
    i agree im not arguing against suggs

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Elvis Dumervil was the best thing that happened to him. Now, you can't just double Ngata and chip Suggs. You've got Doom, Canty and McPhee to worry about. Even Jones is making noise. This team might double last year's sack total.
    Not to mention Upshaw. He is definitely benefitting from all the attention Suggs is demanding. You can't double all these guys. Almost every sack someone else gets can be directly attributed to Suggs, Ngata and Dumervil. With those 3 on the field, someone is going to be singled or free.

Blog Entries

Just how good is Terrell Suggs playing?

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Not to mention Upshaw. He is definitely benefitting from all the attention Suggs is demanding. You can't double all these guys. Almost every sack someone else gets can be directly attributed to Suggs, Ngata and Dumervil. With those 3 on the field, someone is going to be singled or free.
    Pernell McPhee and Art Jones have certainly benefitted.

Canty too.

Pees isn't even calling exotic blitz packages. Hell, the most unique blitz package is coming from Daryl Smith up the middle. Imagine if or when Pees lets Dig or Elam start utilizing the delayed safety blitz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Pernell McPhee and Art Jones have certainly benefitted.

Canty too.

Pees isn't even calling exotic blitz packages. Hell, the most unique blitz package is coming from Daryl Smith up the middle. Imagine if or when Pees lets Dig or Elam start utilizing the delayed safety blitz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Yeah, right now it is straight up beat your man or at most a stunt up the middle. Reminds me of 2000 - They lined up in base and dared you to beat them.

This front 7 is playing similarly. The one glaring weakness on D seems to be Corey Graham. He gets beat 3-4 times a game at least. He is in the trail position, 3 yards behind, far too much.

Blog Entries

Suggs is playing as well, if not better, as he has at any point in his career. He is the most well rounded linebacker in the game, in the way that he excels at stuffing the run, dropping in coverage, and rushing the passer. He has picked right up at the level he was playing in 2010-11.

As a former defensive rookie of the year, DPOY, and SB champion, he is now padding his resume for a potential HOF bid. Good chance he surpasses 100 sacks this year.

Also consider how he elevates his game in big games/playoffs. He is by far the best player on the team right now.
    Last edited by ballhawk; 10-08-2013 at 08:41 AM.

Good on Suggs, but I'll be happy so long as this front 7 stays healthy and keeps developing. Most of the 2nd half they were all around the Miami QB just about every play. Tanneyhill has a really hot hand right now, but you could see the constant pressure was working. It kept us in the game.

I think this upcoming game vs Green Bay will be pretty important to Suggs & company for any DPOY bid and should motivate the whole squad. If they harrass the shit out of Rodgers all game and pull out the W it will attract the attention of the National media. Same thing for the next game vs the Steelers. Sizzle will be lickin his chops. Even tho the Stillers are flopping this year, everybody knows it will be a hard fought game (and it's the late game too). The Stiller loving media will have eyes on that one also. If Terrell has multiple sacks in both games and maybe a FF, a PD or batted pass or two, it should set him up pretty good. After that, we probably won't get a lot of National media attention until we play NE in week 16. If the Lions keep playing well, Game 15 should attract some attention too since everyone seems to be loving the NFC this year. The AFCN has a tight race going on but I don't know if it will merit a lot of interest this season. People seem more worried about "why the Steelers are losing" lol.

Regardless, we have to win for anybody to pay attention to anybody on our team. I like the set up. :D

Go Ravens!!!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Blog Entries

Suggs obviously is playing at a DPOY level. Perhaps part of that is his OLB partner Dumervil, who has three sacks of his own. I just wish there was some way to get Upshaw more playing time... Bc

Great, great player, whether you call him a DE or an OLB. Now, if only he could play CB, and TE . . . And LT, and C . . . :)

Might have been interesting to have seen what we could have done with more time with Kruger opposite Suggs.

This week he goes up against a rookie LT in David Bakhiari who is undersized and more athletic. He just turned 22 so he's very young. Last week the Packers line had 6 pressures, 5 were from Bakhiari. He's played well for a young rookie, but he's going to school this week. On the other side Doom will have Barclay who has had 8 starts in 2 years, I like both match ups. We need to stop the run, their interior linemen seem to be their strength.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    Might have been interesting to have seen what we could have done with more time with Kruger opposite Suggs.
    I like Doom better.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    The great kruger has been average so far this year for the browns, Ravens did good with Doom, some might call it divine intervention by the great OZ. So far Ravens defense has improved with each game after the Denver debacle. Their ability to adjust in the second half has been incredible.