Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What should Flacco's target for "elitism" be?

if he has 35 or more touchdowns next season, and then has a similar playoff run and wins the Super Bowl MVP, then I think he'd be widely considered the current best quarterback in the league.

Super Bowl MVP, 2012 playoffs 11 TDs with zero Interceptions + multiple clutch passes, 9-4 lifetime in the playoffs, 93 straight regular season + playoff games (Iron Man) = elite already. I could give a shit about what the Brady/Manning jock-sniffers like Bayless and Boomer say.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Joe has really stepped up his off field game as well as his talent as a QB. He seems relaxed and confident in interviews lately. I used to think of him as sheepish but he's been doing extremely well in TV appearances and with a mic in his face in the past month or so. I am happy for him. He's a very respectable human being and a very nice person. And one helluva calm cool QB.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

The sky is the limit for Joe. The man is officially elite. The first to do this, the first to do that..He will take his game to another level with an entire season under Jim Caldwell next year that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    If Flacco continues to perform as he has over his past five games(and that's a pretty decent sample size, honestly), the descriptions, stats, "eliteness", whatever, will take care of itself.

The Flacco we've seen over his past five games is the best QB in the NFL, IMO.
    Haha... well.. YEAH! What? 13/0 TD/INT ratio. That is the best QB in the league (and in History) at that moment (by leaps and bounds), and if he continued that rate of success throughout the year he would be the best of all time, forever. ;)

Seriously, if he just keeps doing what he does, and maybe turns 1 or 2 of his mediocre regular season games into 3 TD/300 yard games = wins, then that should be good. Joe has had some unproductive games... but can anyone think of an instance where Joe has flat out lost the game due to throwing 3-5 INTs? Maybe that Cinci game a few years ago, some will say the late INT in the Steelers Divisional game a few years ago.... but man.... Joe takes care of the ball.
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 02-06-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I just want long term consistency.

He showed a LOT of it this postseason...he obviously won't play at that level for a full season, but if he can get rid of the really bad stinkers he has a couple times a year, watchout.
    He's shown consistency. He's been consistent for years, and been just as consistent in getting better with each year and each game during his career here.

The "inconsistency" he gets dinged for has had far more to do with the offense as a whole than with his level of play.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The "inconsistency" he gets dinged for has had far more to do with the offense as a whole than with his level of play.
    I'll agree. Also, that "inconsistency" has not shown as poor play (i.e. multiple interception games), it has shown up as a stagnant offense.... which points to the entire team, from the Line, to the running game. That points to a bad OC!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I'll agree. Also, that "inconsistency" has not shown as poor play (i.e. multiple interception games), it has shown up as a stagnant offense.... which points to the entire team, from the Line, to the running game. That points to a bad OC!
    Bingo - Cameron's offense was not exactly QB friendly. We are finally seeing what happens when you take the hand cuffs off Joe and put him in an offense he is comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's about getting paid. The only reason this came up was because Flacco was nearing free agency. Once he's signed I doubt he'll care what labels anyone uses for him.
    Exactly. $15-$20 mil/5+ year deals makes you elite. Joe is, or will be soon, considered elite. When I try to put definition to the word "elite" it always comes down to who are the top paid QB's in the league. 9 times out of 10 they are paid well because they have played consistently well in big games. Joe has been money in big games for the most part. If you think about it this Lombardi trophy might have been the 2nd in 2 years if not for a dropped pass or a missed FG..
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

He improved almost all his numbers from his previous year.

He has set numerous NFL records and tied one for a playoff QB. Right now only ONE current other QB has a chance at Flacco's record of a playoff win in each year of their first 5. Russell Wilson.

Not just won the SuperBowl, but was MVP.

Set a record for wins by a QB in first 5 years. Very doubtful anyone is touching that anytime soon.

And if you want to know if Joe is elite, ask yourself this question. It's 1:30 to go on the opponents 20, 2 time outs, down by 4. Do you put the ball in Joe's hands with the confidence he will score the game winning touchdown?

Joe Flacco is elite already.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And if you want to know if Joe is elite, ask yourself this question. It's 1:30 to go on the opponents 20, 2 time outs, down by 4. Do you put the ball in Joe's hands with the confidence he will score the game winning touchdown?
    1:30? That's an eternity for Joe. :)

Blog Entries

This--->
    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    He improved almost all his numbers from his previous year.

He has set numerous NFL records and tied one for a playoff QB. Right now only ONE current other QB has a chance at Flacco's record of a playoff win in each year of their first 5. Russell Wilson.

Not just won the SuperBowl, but was MVP.

Set a record for wins by a QB in first 5 years. Very doubtful anyone is touching that anytime soon.

Joe Flacco is elite already.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎