Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Who would you rather?

So it's a given that the Steelers or Ravens will be the #5 seed. Just wondering who you would want to win the AFC West.

I think the Raiders are the better team, so I would prefer if the Steelers are the 5 seed they go to Oakland, if the Ravens are I'd prefer we go to Denver.

Thoughts?

Re: Who would you rather?

Agree

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I would hate to think about it. If the #5 position had to happen, I would be nearly depressed about what slipped through our fingers.

Carson Palmer has played tough against our defense many times, but otherwise the Raiders appear mediocre. I would be more concerned about Tebow magic. Flip a coin: go to Oakland.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Agree with the OP.

The Raiders are pretty mediocre but I think they have a higher potential upside than the Broncos do. The Steelers defense would take one look at the Denver Tebow 1925-era college option offense and shut it down completely. Even the Patriots crappy defense (after one quarter of getting run over) was able to figure out and shut down Tebow. So it would take Dick Lebeau and company about ten seconds to do the same. Denver would have no chance.

So I'd rather the Steelers have to play the Raiders, because I think the Raiders, at home, would at least have a shot to pull off an upset. A small one, but it would be something. Denver would have zero chance.

So that's also why I'd like Denver to win their division if the Ravens turn out to be the #5 seed. :)

I would almost (I did say ALMOST) want the Ravens to have the #5 spot, because the last time the Ravens had a first week bye in the playoffs they were one and done. It was the the first season that Steve McNair was the Ravens QB, and the Ravens got rolled over by the Colts at home. In the playoffs at least, I'd rather the team didn't get a week off. It's almost like they finally get all of the national press that the team never gets and then they start buying into the hype themselves. I still want the Ravens to win the AFC North, but I could think of worse scenarios that could occur with a first week bye.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

I would rather play Oakland than Denver. The Ravens aren't the type of team that is going to blow out a decent team, and the last thing you want against the Broncos is for it to be a tight game going into the fourth quarter - a 14-10, 17-14 type of game going into the fourth quarter and that crowd in Denver and the TebowMagic is not something you want to have to deal with.

Would be different if I thought the Ravens could go in, jump out to a big lead and make the fourth quarter irrelevant, but this team, this year, has not shown the ability to do that to anyone but the worst teams in the league (save for Week 1 vs Pitt...which was 17 weeks ago now).

The Ravens' defense seems to have more trouble with QBs who move around and extend plays.

Blog Entries

I'll take the Raiders. I was going to say I wasn't sold on Tebow, but I recall him making clutch passes and they have a tough D.

But this thread should be re-titled would you rather be punched or kicked in the balls, I mean hell we haven't even flown to Cincy yet!

I hate wishing for any scenario like this. Its like the old cliche goes, "Don't wish for something because you just might get it".

If Pitt goes to denver wouldn't they be without Ryan Clark, I think i remember hearing that he can not play in high altitudes due to an illness?
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Blog Entries

Palmer has thrown so many bad interceptions this season that I think he'd be wrecked by the Ravens defense. That Broncos defense has been very impressive this season considering it's mostly nobodys and castoffs. I'm much rather face the Raiders and let the Steelers play the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    this thread should be re-titled would you rather be punched or kicked in the balls
    this!