Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    It should have been reviewed, but after watching it over the ball came out before second foot came down.

Could have been the game winner. Damn shame.
    My thoughts exactly. At first I thought like the OP, but to me it seemed his foot did not come down before the ball popped out.

Re: I don't care what anyone says, Lee Evans' catch should have been a catch/TD!

Quote Originally Posted by jgar View Post
    That was not a catch. I wish it was but a good defensive player knocked the ball out at the right time. People take off your purple glasses. We lost because Cundiff couldn't be relied on to kick a 50 yarder the series before. Then that lousy kick. Just a sad way to end the season. He should send apology letters to the rest of the team for letting them down!
    The NFL rules for a catch state the following:

"A player is in possession when he is in firm grip and control of the ball inbounds. To gain possession of a loose ball that has been caught, intercepted or recovered, a player must have complete control of the ball and have both feet completely on the ground inbounds or any other part of his body, other than his hands, on the ground inbounds. If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any other part of his body to the ground or if there is any doubt that the acts were simultaneous, there is no possession. This rule applies to the field of play and in the end zone."

Here's the link;

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nfl

Evans met ALL of the criteria. He never LOST the ball, it was KNOCKED OUT ... AFTER he had met the criteria.

I don't know why everyone is so stumped here.

Anyway, I'm tired of arguing, it's irrelevant.

The first half was about the sorriest half of offensive play calling I've ever seen.

Defensively, does anyone recall a single blitz? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Era at The U View Post
    Which criteria of a catch did he not meet?

He had possession, as loosely as it may have been, he had possession.

He took two full steps AFTER making the catch.

So tell me/us, which criteria did he not meet in making a catch? No one cares about your opinion, facts!
    He did NOT take 2 steps...wtf are you guys watching.

I'm watching the replay right now...as the ball hits his gut, his left foot is off the ground...he gets possession, right foot comes down as he spins, ball is hit and he looses possession as his left foot comes down.

Not a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    My thoughts exactly. At first I thought like the OP, but to me it seemed his foot did not come down before the ball popped out.
    Au contraire, he definitely had both feet down. Absolutely no question there. Check out the replay when it becomes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He did NOT take 2 steps...wtf are you guys watching.

I'm watching the replay right now...as the ball hits his gut, his left foot is off the ground...he gets possession, right foot comes down as he spins, ball is hit and he looses possession as his left foot comes down.

Not a catch.
    He sure did. 100% guaranteed.

Watch it again, and post the link. You need to review that.

Whatever he did, he should have snatched it and secured it to his body. Then we wouldn't have to be playing the coulda shoulda game.

It's the same rule that got Megatron and other receivers since its inception two years ago.

Hate the rule, not its enforcement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zisi View Post
    Whatever he did, he should have snatched it and secured it to his body. Then we wouldn't have to be playing the coulda shoulda game.
    Word. He holds onto that, we're in the Super Bowl.

Flacco made a great pass. He played a good game overall.

In some ways that burns me up even more than losing the game: watching Flacco play well enough to pull out a win (again!) and having other players on the team drop the ball (literally and figuratively). Evans and Cundiff should be the Patriots Co-MVP's this season.

9. ravens robbed

how long do you need to hold catch ? GOOD touchdown ruled out.
    This team are best in USA .

Okay Golden, I wanna say you're a smart guy and all, but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

1) He did NOT get both feet down.
    2) Even if he had, he did NOT make a football move with the ball.

It wasn't a catch. It's pretty simple, dude. Not one credible person in the media will ever question it. Not cause there's some sort of conspiracy. Because it wasn't frigging CLOSE.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Wont even lie, i thought they should have reviewed that.

That looked good from my end. Should have been reviewed, atleast.
    I agree, although never expected to get that call. It was clearly close enough to deserve a review.

That close to going to the sb. One split second more of possession on a perfectly thrown pass.

:T2:

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    That play is not reviewable. Even Harbaugh acknowledge this in his press conference.
    Yes it is reveiewable or are you forgetting the fourth down play last week against the Texans. If the spot of the ball was worth a review last week that play to Evans should have been worth a review.