Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Can we Leave Cam in San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Yea, I mean...in that situation...why not a PA to Pitta or Bajema on a bleed out?

I don't get it. Or, why not call Flacco's number again? I mean, if you're going to forgo the points (which was dumb IMO) then at least go with the highest probability play, which in that position was either to trick them (PA pass) or QB sneak.
    How do you know the sneak wasn't called initiallyi?

Hell, I bet it was.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    How do you know the sneak wasn't called initiallyi?

Hell, I bet it was.

PP
    Maybe it was. I honestly don't know.

However, considering that the audible moved Leach from one side to the other would suggest that they were intending on running it with Pierce regardless.

Again, I don't think it would matter anyway. This OL has had issues with short yardage blocking for a few seasons now. This is nothing new.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Maybe it was. I honestly don't know.

However, considering that the audible moved Leach from one side to the other would suggest that they were intending on running it with Pierce regardless.

Again, I don't think it would matter anyway. This OL has had issues with short yardage blocking for a few seasons now. This is nothing new.
    One thing is clear.

Flacco checked out of the called play into a play he wanted.

PP

Cam lacks creativity but until Harbaugh sees the light this is what we are going to get.

Harbaugh needs to be 'Dropped' (for those of you familiar with the movie Drop Squad you'll know what I am talking about.

5. Re: Can we Leave Cam in San Diego?

Cam calls some of the dumbest short yardage plays.

Especially considering that he should know that our O-Line does not block well on those kind of plays.

Why don't we ever run a counter? Every D knows it's either up the middle or to the right on a stretch play.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Cam calls some of the dumbest short yardage plays.

Especially considering that he should know that our O-Line does not block well on those kind of plays.

Why don't we ever run a counter? Every D knows it's either up the middle or to the right on a stretch play.
    Cam Cam Cam.

This freakin OL gives ANY offensive co. all sorts of issues.

They can't get push for a 6' 6" QB to get a yd on 3rd down.

Then they get destroyed after said QB checks out of the called play.

You said our OL doesn't block well on "those kind of plays".

You mean plays that any competent OL should be able to block?

Give it a rest and start pointing some blame at the GD players.

PP

7. Re: Can we Leave Cam in San Diego?

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Cam Cam Cam.

This freakin OL gives ANY offensive co. all sorts of issues.

They can't get push for a 6' 6" QB to get a yd on 3rd down.

Then they get destroyed after said QB checks out of the called play.

You said our OL doesn't block well on "those kind of plays".

You mean plays that any competent OL should be able to block?

Give it a rest and start pointing some blame at the GD players.

PP
    My point was that by running the same types of running plays constantly, our OC isn't helping our O-Line who struggle with blocking on short yardage plays.

Some variety would reduce the predictability, the other defense won't be able to load up on the right side like they did on that 4th and 1 to Pierce because they'll have to account for a counter or a trap to the left--but only if we actually ran it more than once every presidential administration.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    My point was that by running the same types of running plays constantly, our OC isn't helping our O-Line who struggle with blocking on short yardage plays.

Some variety would reduce the predictability, the other defense won't be able to load up on the right side like they did on that 4th and 1 to Pierce because they'll have to account for a counter to the left--but only if we actually ran it more than once every presidential administration.
    Sorry, but Flacco checked into the run to the right.

We'll never know what the initial play call was.

I get it. It all comes back to Cam.

Never fails.

PP

Blog Entries

Let's start with this. The OL on the road does not play well, the DL knows the snap count it is obvious. Yanda taps, 1-mississippi snap, the D gets a great jump on the ball.
    Joe struggles on the road as well, often over throwing easy passes.
    As far as the 4th and short, I like Pierce in on short yardage, Rice has not done well with power plays at all. Joe switched sides and I don't blame him, I seen McKinnie about 5 seconds before the snap still asking Oher what he was doing/who was he blocking. McKinnie has whiffed a few times this year.

So take the lack of confidence in the Left side with McKinnie in and the fact that the D is all over the snap count, end result Pierce stuffed.

iggyman555 Guest

lol the cam defenders just wont give up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Yeah Really! I guess Joe checked into all of those 2nd and 10+ running plays as well and so many long developing pass plays with a bad snap count on the road is on Joe too. I'm not a Joe defender cause he did not play well early on. I'll tell you what surprised me is Torrey running short crossing routes that worked several times and some quick strikes up the seam. Almost looked like the O knew how to play on a few of those calls, but Cam managed to squander most of those plays by going back to his basic attack the sideline and leave Joe in the pocket forever with no one open for the quick pass.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    You mean the people who realize that there is more than one thing that creates issues on this offense?

PP