Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7273747576 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR 2014 NFL Mock Draft - Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good call with Billy Turner. I had forgotten about him.

I have Bradford rated higher, but Turner is a good player.
    yeah, Bradford would've been a great pick too. Like I said, if we approach this from the standpoint of...urgh, actually trying to HELP the Steelers...I'd be more upset as an opponent if they manage to fix their crappy OL than if they added another tough LB. They can probably find another decent LB later in the draft, but the drop off on the OT group is pretty rough.

Mostly in this draft, I'm drafting for need ahead of true BPA. Not huge reaching, but probably some reach a slight bit to make sure we fill a need.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Have we decided on the Stoolers pick? I'm ready with mine.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Steelers picked Billy Turner.

Go go go!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

With the 98th Pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Green Bay Packers Select...

Robert Herron, Wide Receiver, Wyoming

With the loss of James Jones to Free Agency, the Packers are essentially 3 deep at Wide Receivers with Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and last years upstart Jarrett Boykin. Should any of those guys go down (like Cobb last year) there's no depth behind them. While not having ideal size Herron has exceptional quickness to win off the line against nicklebacks and can be productive in the slot or flanked out. He's a threat to score from anywhere on the field and it's never a bad thing to give Aaron Rodgers more weapons.

Blog Entries
    Ozzie will soon turn the card in....

Blog Entries
    The Baltimore Ravens select Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida.

The Ravens address a key hole and go defense for the first time in the draft. Purifoy is a big corner with good upside. He got burnt a bit in 2013, but he has the potencial to become a good player and could play opposite Jimmy in the sub package, moving Webb inside to his best posistion at nickel corner.

San Fran and Wicked on the clock. Following round 3 I will post the team summaries
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Baltimore Ravens select Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida.

The Ravens address a key hole and go defense for the first time in the draft. Purifoy is a big corner with good upside. He got burnt a bit in 2013, but he has the potencial to become a good player and could play opposite Jimmy in the sub package, moving Webb inside to his best posistion at nickel corner.
    5'11 190 is big? He didnt measure in at 6'-1" hes always been listed as. hes probably one of the bigger bust prospects in this draft imo. he had a horrible pro-day on top of his 4.61 poor combine. I see him falling much later in this draft.

DB makes sense though, and there are slim pickens at this point. I think Aikens would have been a good pick and "ozzie-esque" though i understand thats not really the point of this mock.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    5'11 190 is big? He didnt measure in at 6'-1" hes always been listed as. hes probably one of the bigger bust prospects in this draft imo. he had a horrible pro-day on top of his 4.61 poor combine. I see him falling much later in this draft.

DB makes sense though, and there are slim pickens at this point. I think Aikens would have been a good pick and "ozzie-esque" though i understand thats not really the point of this mock.
    I thought he got arrested 2 weeks ago for drugs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Aikens? thats news to me but if so that would make Purilfoy make more sense. I just see a lot more potential in Aikens. He looked really good at the senior bowl.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Can't find anything about that. He got arrested when at Illinois for felony possession of stolen property, eventually plead down to misdemeanor theft and he got kicked off the Illinois team. But since transferring to Liberty, no known off the field issues.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,2281969.story

That writeup by Aaron also lists him as big.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Aikens? thats news to me but if so that would make Purilfoy make more sense.
    Not Aikens. It was Purilfoy who was arrested. I think he was caught with bath salts.

Blog Entries

Here it is

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-an-informant/

Loucheiz Purifoy, a former Florida cornerback who is expected to be drafted next month, reportedly was caught with drugs last month and avoided arrest by agreeing to work as a police informant.

Now the matter of how Purifoy avoided arrest is the subject of an investigation. The Gainesville Sun reports that Purifoy never made himself available to officers to serve as an informant, so the Alachua County sheriff, whose officers originally stopped Purifoy, has asked the Gainesville Police Department to conduct an independent investigation into the matter.

According to the report, Purifoy was caught with marijuana and the synthetic drug known as bath salts. Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell wrote in a letter to Gainesville Police Chief Tony Jones that after Purifoy failed to act as an informant an arrest warrant issued for him was quashed, and now the matter needs to be investigated.

“Based on probable cause developed by the deputy, an arrest warrant was issued for Loucheiz Purifoy for April 4, 2014, after he failed to fulfill his end of the bargain,” Darnell wrote. “The action to quash the warrant is highly unusual and, as a result, I have numerous questions as to the propriety of how this occurred.”