Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

got to win 3 of 4 to get #2 seed

we have to beat the broncos but can lose one more game to keep the #2 spot. the broncos play the chiefs and browns to end their year. the patriots should lose one of two to the texans or 49ers.

if the ravens win 3 of 4 and beat the broncos, the ravens, patriots and broncos would end wiht the same record but the ravens would win by tiebreaker.

this is a tall order for the ravens but it will be difficult to go deep into the playoffs without a #2 seed.

Re: got to win 3 of 4 to get #2 seed

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    we have to beat the broncos but can lose one more game to keep the #2 spot. the broncos play the chiefs and browns to end their year. the patriots should lose one of two to the texans or 49ers.

if the ravens win 3 of 4 and beat the broncos, the ravens, patriots and broncos would end wiht the same record but the ravens would win by tiebreaker.

this is a tall order for the ravens but it will be difficult to go deep into the playoffs without a #2 seed.
    tough but doable! Lets start win the skins!

Blog Entries

I don't know what to expect from this team, Skins is a mis match nightmare, and the broncos are playing on a level that is nothing short of championship calibur. Its tough road and I am not sure where we stand these next four games with some top NFL teams stout QBs and defenses.

Head to heads don't count in three way tie breakers by the way... You sure your right? We can still get the number one seed if we win out and the pats beat Texans aswell as them losing to Somone else.

New England Houston and us would all have the same record but we get the number one seed somehow with new eng 2 and Houston 3

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Head to heads don't count in three way tie breakers by the way... You sure your right? We can still get the number one seed if we win out and the pats beat Texans aswell as them losing to Somone else.

New England Houston and us would all have the same record but we get the number one seed somehow with new eng 2 and Houston 3
    Head to head counts in 3 way tiebreakers assuming one team swept the other two (that team is awarded the spot, then tiebreaker starts over for the other two teams), or one team was swept by the other two (that team is eliminated from the tiebreaker temporarily until the tie between the other two teams is decided)

With the schedule that lies ahead and considering the injuries I just hope we make the playoffs. It's one game at a time from here on out.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    No longer possible after last Sunday. If Houston, NE and Baltimore all end up tied at 13-3, the Ravens are #3 seed: NE finishes with an 11-1 AFC record (only conference loss to BAL), BAL is at 10-2, and HOU is at worst 10-2 (only one NFC team left on the schedule). If HOU finishes 11-1, BAL drops immediately to #3 & the tiebreaking provisions revert for the remaining teams giving NE the #1 seed on head to head. If HOU finishes 10-2, NE gets the #1 seed & again the tiebreaking provisions revert & HOU gets #2 based on head to head vs BAL. Yet another sucky consequence of crapping the bed last Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post

the key is New England losing 1 game. If they win out, Ravens have to win out. If the Ravens beat Washington, hopefully NYG win and Dallas loses another by the time we play NY. That might end NYG's motivation and cinching up a non bye playoff birth.

Blog Entries

it sucks that the Broncos will have such a long layoff until they play the Ravens; almost like a bye week. That game I am not putting a lot of hope in winning but let's deal with Washington first. Gotta win that one

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    No longer possible after last Sunday. If Houston, NE and Baltimore all end up tied at 13-3, the Ravens are #3 seed: NE finishes with an 11-1 AFC record (only conference loss to BAL), BAL is at 10-2, and HOU is at worst 10-2 (only one NFC team left on the schedule). If HOU finishes 11-1, BAL drops immediately to #3 & the tiebreaking provisions revert for the remaining teams giving NE the #1 seed on head to head. If HOU finishes 10-2, NE gets the #1 seed & again the tiebreaking provisions revert & HOU gets #2 based on head to head vs BAL. Yet another sucky consequence of crapping the bed last Sunday.
    I'm not sure if the Pats will beat both the 9ers and Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm not sure if the Pats will beat both the 9ers and Houston.
    They can easily lose both (NE)

Look who Denver beat and how they beat most of their "good" teams. THey play in a shit division and got lucky in a lot of games. they put up 26 on Oakland. We put up 55 and CIN put up 35. Plus their D can be suspect at times and Manning is ALWAYS Int prone. It will be a tough game but its a game our offense can win with our defense making a play or two here and there.

Who cares if we dont have a 1st rd bye, we will prob play CIN or PIT, possibly Indy. We should win all 3. I have no issue going to Foxboro as we have proven we can win there twice in the playoffs (should have last year). I just dont want to go to Houston unless it is for the AFCC Game which anything can happen