Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I don't get it

Re: I don't get it

TJ Yates is much better then flacco.

Blog Entries

I do not expect Joe Flacco to take the same amount of hits that he took in that game. Since Ben Grubbs has returned and found his groove, sort of speak, this offensive line has been playing much better. It is easy for people to forget that Ben Grubbs is a former Pro Bowl LG.

I think that this offensive line, which has done its part to keep Flacco clean, will make it difficult on Houston's pass rush.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I am seeing way more bravado than expected from a Texans teams that backed into the playoffs.

Blog Entries

I think that Houston will find out that, the Ravens are not the Bengals, but would not be surprised at a close game (In all honesty).
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Actually, Flacco has come up big the last THREE times he's faced them but who's counting?

Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    2008-Texans had the one of the worst defenses in the league. Got their defensive coordinator fired.
    2010-Texans had the one of the worst defenses in the league. Got their defensive coordinator fired.
    2011-Flacco took as many hits from the Texans as he did from any team. Was very fortunate to connect on some low percentage deep balls
    I'm sorry, but that's a lot of excuses. And none of that suggests Flacco will have an "off" game sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's a lot of excuses. And none of that suggests Flacco will have an "off" game sunday.
    Excuses? I didn't lose to the Ravens. The difference between excuses and explanations are all ones of rhetoric. Instead of refuting the facts and analysis of what I said, you labeled it. If you still don't know the answer to the question posed at the beginning of the thread, I will direct you to the multitude of Raven fan threads that question Flacco's consistency and just Flacco's own defensiveness at the criticism he receives from the media.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    Excuses? I didn't lose to the Ravens. The difference between excuses and explanations are all ones of rhetoric. Instead of refuting the facts and analysis of what I said, you labeled it. If you still don't know the answer to the question posed at the beginning of the thread, I will direct you to the multitude of Raven fan threads that question Flacco's consistency and just Flacco's own defensiveness at the criticism he receives from the media.
    If you knew our local media, you would be surprised that he hasn't cursed them out by now.

In regards to improvement in our pass blocking:

First 8 games: Averaging one sack per every 16.2 attempts
    Last 8 games: Averaging one sack per every 18.6 attempts

Doesn't seem like much but SD game had 5 sacks. An obvious outlier because we played from behind the whole game and Flacco was obviously taking more chances holding the ball at that point. If you replace the number 5 with our season average of 1.9375 and it becomes one sack per every 26 attempts.

It says a lot that our sacks per attempt number as improved in spite of going from 309 attempts at week 8 to 233 attempts for the rest of the year.

What does this tell us? We are going to run the ball like we have towards the end of the regular season. That is one way we will reduce the hits on Flacco. Secondly, our offensive line has shown improvement in protection since mid season so the chances of Flacco getting sacked when we do pass has gone down a bit.

Blog Entries

Flacco put up 305 yards against that D WITHOUT our starting LG. Sure he took hits WITHOUT our starting LG. Maybe I should repeat that, WITHOUT our starting LG.

Thank you, drive thru please come again. Their D is chock full of rookies and no names playing above their level. Yeah sure I wanted us to draft JJ Watt also but that pick 6 he got against Dalton is a once or twice in a lifetime of a DE, and he's already used up one. Sorry but Flacco isn't Dalton.

Blog Entries
    I believe the Ravens not only won handily but also lead in rushing yards, passing yards, and first downs.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!