Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Tom Clements may be a legit option now for OC if they decide to switch

I cannot admit to being as well versed in the nuances as the various offensive schemes mentioned above as some of the other posters. My experience as a second string (ok, third string) DB was in high school more than a few years ago.

I do remember seeing a detailed review of the Packers offense which tried to explain the basic concepts of their scheme. They seemed to run a lot of 10 yard slants on almost every route combination. The slant receiver did seem to slant to open space in zone coverage, and was very effective. They also ran a lot of pick plays to create separation (something I rarely see here). I think Joe could be effective throwing accurate passes in these situations. He seems to struggle more throwing accurate passes in mid length routes towards the sidelines.

I think Joe could take his game to the next level if he worked with a single voice, like Clements. He could work with him on the fundamentals required to improve his accuracy, within an offensive scheme that has proven to be successful. I also think Joe is smart enough to grasp the concepts of a scheme change fairly quickly. Clements, as a former QB, would probably give Joe more freedom to change plays at the line, also allowing him to progress.

Houston Raven is right on with his comments about Cam.

If the Ravens come out and throw it 50 times and the offense goes 3 and out consistently during any one of the games, then his job may be on the line. But if the Ravens win at least one game, his job is secure. If we lose and it is clearly a breakdown on the part of the defense, then Cam will stay. If I were a betting person, right now, I would say Cam's job is secure.

Our offense is not built to play catch up if we are down by 14 or more, without a defensive turnover or score. People always talk like they want our offense to be like Green Bay or New Orleans, but we don't have the personnel for that style, yet. You have to design your offense playing to your strengths, which is Ray Rice and a balanced passing game. The key to our offense is the offensive line, making holes for our runners and being stout in protection. I think Cam understands that now, and his offensive game plan going forward will reflect that.

Also, if Cam is fired, Steve B. will be the one doing it, not John Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    You cant spell Lambardi, without AM, don't worry about the C. Think about it.
    Except its LOMbardi.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoman View Post
    Houston Raven is right on with his comments about Cam.

If the Ravens come out and throw it 50 times and the offense goes 3 and out consistently during any one of the games, then his job may be on the line. But if the Ravens win at least one game, his job is secure. If we lose and it is clearly a breakdown on the part of the defense, then Cam will stay. If I were a betting person, right now, I would say Cam's job is secure.

Our offense is not built to play catch up if we are down by 14 or more, without a defense turnover or score. People always talk like they want our offense to be like Green Bay or New Orleans, but we don't have the personnel for that style, yet. You have to design your offense playing to your strengths, which is Ray Rice and a balanced passing game. The key to our offense is the offensive line, making holes for our runners and being stout in protection. I think Cam understands that now, and his offensive game plan going forward will reflect that.

Also, if Cam is fired, Steve B. will be the one doing it, not John Harbaugh.
    And how many times - this season alone - has Cam's offensive scheme/game plan completely NOT utilized the team's strengths?

Several former players of Cam have come out and said that he doesn't mold his offense to his players, he expects the players to mold to his offense.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Flacco still struggles with his receiver progressions. In the WCO that wouldn't be an issue. It's much more about the open guy than the route. He can also move but really isn't asked to as much in this system. I really think he would benefit from the change providing he had the right coach. He and Cam really seem to have hit a ceiling. Flacco needs some different thinking to break through.
    Um, what? The WCO requires the QB to make more reads. It's notorious for needing good o-line play to give the QB the time to read through the five receivers on routes that typify a WCO system.

If you don't have a good pass-blocking o-line, you don't want to switch to the WC.

6. Re: Tom Clements may be a legit option now for OC if they decide to switch

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Except its LOMbardi.
    Right.... lmao.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

The system is fine, as long as A.) They do not abandon the run and B.) Find someone who can just make a few, better in-game adjustments. The Joe Flacco that I 'see' perform this year, is better than the one that I saw perform last year. That means he is continuing to progress. Cameron wanted him, because he fits this system.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore