Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Power rankings week 3

Cleveland ALWAYS gears up to face us. We all know this is their Super Bowl. Don't be surprised if it's a pretty close game.

The Steelers have looked impressive, but as has been mentioned, they really haven't played any good teams yet. I want to see how they play when they get behind and Little Ben needs to throw 30+ times in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I wouldn't sell the Steelers short. I'm not jumping on their bandwagon just yet, but they have looked very impressive. They haven't really played anyone yet, but they have done what good teams do, destroy the teams they should destroy. We, on the other hand, have not done that yet.

UK, if we struggle with the Browns in Cleveland, will that change your mind about the Steelers, keeping in mind that the Steelers toyed with the Browns in Cleveland?
    Not especially because we always try our best to lose to Cleveland in Cleveland, how we deal with the Browns has no bearing on how the Steelers dealt with them. Even at our best and the Steelers worst (last year as a prime example), the Steelers are always more clinical with the Browns than us.

What I mean by my not being impressed with the Steelers is what I said, they've not done anything I didn't expect. I fully expected that with their limp start to the schedule and all of the effects that a new head coach brings to a team, I fully expected them to role to a 5-0 start. That's not to say that I'm not impressed with how they've gone about their business, but I'm not going to jump on their bandwagon or be overly worried about them until I see them against a higher calibre of opposition. They're still in my top 5 for Power Rankings but they can fall far and fast.

Steelers schedule is soooo easy, they could win the division. But not suprised on power rankings, which inherently as there to rank team not just according to schedule, its not suprising that the Ravens are still up there.

The depth of this team to not have Jonathan Ogden, have an injured McNair, lose Pryce, lose Rolle, and have a nicked up Mark Clayton and still continue to roll on offense and defense is impressive.

Lord forbid we're ever near 100% healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Steelers schedule is soooo easy, they could win the division.
    They play all the same teams we do, except instead of Indy and San Diego, they play Denver and Jacksonville. Neither is a slouch. This "first place schedule vs. third place schedule" crap is overrated.

The difference so far is that Pitt has convincingly won all of their games, while we have let teams back in it and turned the ball over too much. As Denny Green said, if you want to crown their ass, then crown their ass, but the AFCN is not theirs yet.