Mike Smith
    Evan Oglesby
    Cory Ross
    Ronnie Prude
    Dennis Haley
    Ike Nduwke
    Aityyah Ellison
    Mike Kracalik

Team must tender contract to retain - salary is minimum base salary for player with one or two years of accrued service time.

RFAs:

BJ Sams
    Brian Rimpf
    Devard Darling
    Clarence Moore

Team must tender contract to retain - 4 levels

1. Low - $850K salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets draft pick equal to where player was drafted if they don't match

2. New - $1.3M salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets 2nd round draft pick if they don't match

3. Mid - $1.85M salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets 1st round draft pick if they don't match

4. High - $2.35M salary - right to match other team's offer or team gets 1st and 3rd round draft picks if they don't match

UFAs:

Adalius Thomas
    Tony Pashos
    Jarret Johnson
    Ovie Mughelli
    Aubrayo Franklin
    Musa Smith
    Gerome Sapp
    Tim Johnson
    Nick Luchey
    Alex Bannister
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ravens - Pending Free Agents

EFAs:

Katula, Smith, Oglesby, Prude, Haley are no brainers.

RFAs:

Sams I can see with a low, maybe the new tender, and Rimpf the low.

UFAs are tough calls. Won't get into them right now.

I don't think they want to make the same mistake with Sams that they did with Chester Taylor. I think the new tender sounds about right for him. The others, I can't see getting anything but the low tender.

EFAs: Smith, Ogelsby, Prude. (We can always find a LS amongst the UDFAs)

RFAs: Sams and Rimpf.

UFAs: Ovie, Franklin, JJ and Pashos. Musa if he gets no offers elsewhere. AD will be too expensive.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

They'll keep Katula. It doesn't cost them anything to keep him, and there have been absolutely no problems with snaps or blocked punts this year.

EFA's as are cheap, they'll keep them all even if they're just camp fodder I'd have thought.

Re-sign the following guys:
    Adalius Thomas - tag if we need to
    Tony Pashos
    Jarret Johnson
    Ovie Mughelli

Try to get these guys back, but no big deal if they're gone:
    Aubrayo Franklin
    Musa Smith
    Gerome Sapp
    Alex Bannister

For the tender, give them out in this order (from high to low):
    BJ Sams
    Brian Rimpf
    Clarence Moore
    Devard Darling

Except for those first four guys mentioned, this should be an easy off-season.

For the tender, give them out in this order (from high to low):
    BJ Sams
    Brian Rimpf
    Clarence Moore
    Devard Darling
    I want Moore and Darling gone. Outta here. They are just taking up space.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

> BJ Sams
    I don't know what his current court date is, but I would not approach this one until his open DWI is resolved. If convicted he will probably get a 4 game suspension & even if acquitted I *believe* the NFLPA does not completely protect him and a suspension could still come.

He was productive but I'm prepared to say goodbye to a KR/PR who is likely missing the first 1/4 of the season.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    They'll keep Katula. It doesn't cost them anything to keep him, and there have been absolutely no problems with snaps or blocked punts this year.

Exactly. They can hardly find anyone cheaper. Katula has made no mistakes at all that I can think of.

Does the name Harper LeBel still make anyone else cringe?

They will tender all of the EFAs - there is simply no reason not to.

As far as the RFAs go, I could see them not tender either Moore or Darling, but at least one will get tendered.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I definitely think we should try to hold on to Bannister. He's the same size as Moore but he's a great special teamer. Clarence can't play WR, nor special teams.

We must retain Ovie and Pashos. They're at the top of the list. Then, JJ and Franklin should definitely be resigned. Prude and Mike Smith should be kept, along with Sapp and Bannister. Sapp is a very good backup and special teamer.

Katula should be resigned, as B-more said, Harper LeBel anyone? Katula has been $$ since he has been here & doesn't cost much. You don't hear his name, so he is doing his job. Too bad we can't teach Sipnowski LS, sorta like the role Brian Kinchen had when he was here, LS & TE. That saves a roster spot & salary. He won't get greedy like Maase did & get cut. He's happy to be here. As we saw in the playoffs, the LS & Holder are very important parts of the special teams, & our LS & holder are great.

I say let Moore & Darling go, or maybe tender Darling since he was a 3rd rounder & try to get something back for him if someone else wants him. Maybe give him a Low, but goodbye Clarence, thanks for playing our game, no parting gifts available.

We do need to re-structure some contracts, especially since Losaman gave Suggs that sack he needed to get his bonus. You know they have the same agent, wink, wink. Would it make sense to try to re-structure Ray, McNair, Ogden, to try to push that $$$ further out to make that last run in 07?

Goodbye Jamal, re-structure or leave. Thank you for your hard work & what you have done since you arrived, but we need more from the running game & we aren't going to pay you that $$$ for less than part time.

Sapp is a good special teamer & backup, like LBoogy said, & didn't we learn our lesson once letting this guy go for Corey Fuller? Then we had to go out & trade to get him back.

Ovie & Pashos must be definites, AD will have to be franchised if we are making 1 more big run before we have retirements/purges. SBXLII or bust.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!