Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You need to work on sentence structure.
    I didn't write the sentence, clearly you might need to work on reading comprehension.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: OT: WTF did Michael Irvin just say?

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I didn't write the sentence, clearly you might need to work on reading comprehension.
    FWIW, there's also nothing wrong with the structure of the sentence.

Is this a joke or did you not read the rest of the sentence?
    The rest of the sentence obviously softens the blow, but the statement taken as a whole is very cracist.

Why in the world is ok for minorities to compound the racist history of America by using it as "payback".

Statements like RGIII made are what progress this society beyond it's past. Stop singling out ethnic groups and they will stop being discriminated against.

It's quite sad that the most likely "cure" for this is a few generations of mixed ethnicity children LITERALLY blurring the lines between ethnic groups making the process of seperating them more difficult.

Blog Entries

You didn't write what sentence? I just cut off your quote. It doesn't matter because I'm done with this stupid thread. I didn't think Irvins comment was racist myself but I understand that racism only goes one way in this country as evidenced by several commenters, including yourself. I have not the time or energy to get into this debate and I just took exception with your original claim based on textbooks.

5. Re: OT: WTF did Michael Irvin just say?

This thread is full of /facepalm

ETA: In response to the poster who said there's nothing wrong with the sentient structure.---

Oh you're right. I just find it amusing that he doubled down on not understanding the sentence by advising someone who didn't write it to improve on their writing.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    FWIW, there's also nothing wrong with the structure of the sentence.
    Probbaly could have been split into two sentences, but yes, it reads correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    You didn't write what sentence? I just cut off your quote. It doesn't matter because I'm done with this stupid thread. I didn't think Irvins comment was racist myself but I understand that racism only goes one way in this country as evidenced by several commenters, including yourself. I have not the time or energy to get into this debate and I just took exception with your original claim based on textbooks.
    It WASN'T MY QUOTE. Now you're tripling down on your poor reading comprehension.

9. Re: OT: WTF did Michael Irvin just say?

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    This thread is really full of /facepalm
    FTFM

So the last thing we need right now is white people pointing out hypocrisy when it clearly is occurring? If you can't see the irony in that statement in the context of race then you shouldn't be participating in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Not to be overly political or racial, but honestly, the last thing this country or world needs is white people, and I am assuming most of the posters here are white (or at the very least that HKusp is white; please correct me if I am wrong), telling everyone else how racist other people are.
    So the color of a persons skin still has bearing not the content of their character. Got. It. The next paragraph in your response says all anyone needs to know I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63 View Post
    here is what i was talking about, and this is exactly what you wrote:

(and here is where you put someone else's quote.)
    Quadrupling down!

4G63, again you are attributing AkashiaRecorder's words to ActualSpamBot... I think that is part of what you are missing...