Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Over/Under - McKinnie Gets Cut Tomorrow

shippley look real good at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Out of Joe's numerous actual hits, I'd argue McKinnie was responsible for maybe 2.

Your distaste for him is absolutely having a huge influence on what you are saying here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's not just passing. Watch McKinnie on running plays. He gives a half hearted push to his defensive assignment and the next thing you know he's watching our RB get plowed while standing with his hands on his sides.

Blog Entries

I watched the entire game today as well. McKinnie did not play well, but wasn't horrible either. Most of the hits on Flacco came from rushers coming up the middle. The same was true last week as well. McKinnie is not getting cut, but he might be traded within the next 24 hours. I think they have to bring Stokely back by 4:00 PM tomorrow for him being cut to not have any cap implications. I think McKinnie might be traded by then to open up that roster spot. The Ravens haven't been paying McKinnie top dollar, and they have not been getting top flight LT play. You get what you pay for. If you want to see what an awful LT looks like, you just had to watch the Dolphins LT today.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That's bunk because he was here last year with those exact same issues. He was always "lazy", he has always had people saying he doesn't give max effort...where were you at the start of last season when 80% of the board had their pitchforks and torches out when he missed the first week of camp? A guy who was benched for an inferior player.

Absolutely nothing has changed other than him giving message board posters more reason to hate him by having the party bus incident....something that as more time goes on, the less of a deal it was...and I never thought it was in the first place.

He isn't playing well...along with the rest of the line. It's silly to single him out when there are daily posts about how bad Gino is and how awful KO has been all year. And let's not make it out like he hasn't had bad stretches in prior years either.

Last year was a much worse year in regards to his effort and missing those days in camp was a much worse transgression than anything he's done this year...yet this cancer/malcontent had one of the teams most respected leaders (Reed) pissed when we were about to cut him at the start of last season and was on camera talking about the line with McKinnie was all world and what he wanted to see all season.

It is not just like last year. Last year he sat on the bench for most of the year. At the end of the year he was playing for his next contract. He got his contract an he is not interested in giving effort. Maybe if we get to the playoffs and he gets a chance to play he will try. I don't think he is a cancer because he seems to be someone guys like. That being said I think they should trade him because it will save the Ravens on next years salary cap. The Ravens cant afford 1m in dead money when they cut McKinnie after the season. If Monroe goes down the Ravens are not going anywhere anyway. Different team in a different year. McKinnie was probably the one player that nearly cost the Ravens the game. There were a lot of mistakes by a lot of players but he was just awful all game. He almost got Flacco killed numerous times and showed no interest in run blocking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    It's not just passing. Watch McKinnie on running plays. He gives a half hearted push to his defensive assignment and the next thing you know he's watching our RB get plowed while standing with his hands on his sides.
    yeah he had the initial blocks, he just didn't try to hold them. didn't try at all

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I mean I just watched the pick six and McKinnie did what he always does in pass pro with speed rushers and got back in his stance, and push his guy around the outside of the pocket.

He was doing just that on this play, had both hands extended pushing Jordan, around, Joe took a step or 2 drifting back a bit at the top of his set, and Jordan just got his arm out there.

That was more of a great play by a younger and explosive pass rusher than anything.

Now, the run game? I got nothing. But he has always been piss poor in effort with run blocking.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I watched the entire game today as well. McKinnie did not play well, but wasn't horrible either. Most of the hits on Flacco came from rushers coming up the middle. The same was true last week as well. McKinnie is not getting cut, but he might be traded within the next 24 hours. I think they have to bring Stokely back by 4:00 PM tomorrow for him being cut to not have any cap implications. I think McKinnie might be traded by then to open up that roster spot. The Ravens haven't been paying McKinnie top dollar, and they have not been getting top flight LT play. You get what you pay for. If you want to see what an awful LT looks like, you just had to watch the Dolphins LT today.
    Common sense here...

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

For me, this is simple...

If they can find a trade partner, I could see them parting ways.

If they can't, it may financially just be more prudent to deactivate him.

Either way, I think he has played his last snaps as a Raven.

I think that the coaching staff is so disgusted with him 5that they'd sincerely consider just letting him hit the streets. Harbaugh is totally the type of coach who values players who are working their asses off and may be average over super talented, but super lazy players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think that Joekel getting hurt just showed the Ravens why depth is important. I just don't see the incentive to trade McKinney unless the Ravens are floored with an offer (which after today's game probably will not come).

I also agree with the posters saying that he will not be a malcontent. Aside from some of his partying, the locker room seems to love him even if Harbs does not. I feel that he likes getting paid more than worrying about starting and I just take last years benching as a sign he would be fine getting a check and talking to fellow players on the sidelines during gameday.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    For me, this is simple...

If they can find a trade partner, I could see them parting ways.

If they can't, it may financially just be more prudent to deactivate him.

Either way, I think he has played his last snaps as a Raven.

I think that the coaching staff is so disgusted with him 5that they'd sincerely consider just letting him hit the streets. Harbaugh is totally the type of coach who values players who are working their asses off and may be average over super talented, but super lazy players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I can agree with that. Just don't think there is much to gain by just flat out releasing him.

Blog Entries

If they deal him they have until week 8 to do so, no panic is needed.

Another issue here...McKinnie is playing the toughest position on the line and is way past his prime at 34.

There aren't many high quality LT's at that age. He likely is just losing it and is just about over the hill...even JO was getting to be a shell of himself at that age. JO was just smart enough to retire.