Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Can't put profanity in the title so here goes.

FUCK THAT QB SNEAK!
    Is there anybody on this board that didn't know it was coming?

I called it. It is telegraphed every time we run it and it works about 1 in 5 times it seems.

I can see it every time we run it. I am about 100% accurate on seeing it when we line up. So what do you think guys who study film are averaging? Probably about 100%.

Fuck Cameron and whoever else has anything to do with QB sneaks.

Re: Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

You got it all wrong....

It's The Poor Execution!!

:happyanim
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The QB sneak is horrible unless you have a bruiser playing QB (Flacco is no such animal)

That and can we please throw away the play where they bring in Pierce on 4th and 1 and lose 3 yards? Twice is enough!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

It isn't that the sneak is bad, but we have used it and used it and used it and teams expect it. And when they line up to run it I can tell it is coming. We have a tell somewhere. I don't know what it is but I can see it coming every time we run it. I am sure the opposition is seeing the tell on film.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    It isn't that the sneak is bad, but we have used it and used it and used it and teams expect it. And when they line up to run it I can tell it is coming. We have a tell somewhere. I don't know what it is but I can see it coming every time we run it. I am sure the opposition is seeing the tell on film.
    ...but that is where we catch someone off guard in the playoffs when we need it.

Blog Entries
    And the next play was worse

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It was a bad spot on the sneak, imo. I thought Flacco made it over the line.

Also, if you know you're going to go for it on 4th down, why not do a play-action on 3rd down and then if that's incomplete you can run the weak-a$$ sneak on 4th down.

And yes, the sneak is horribly telegraphed. It was so obvious I almost thought they were faking it. That said, would have been worth reviewing that spot.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I didn't see the play as I was out driving, but heard on the radio and Sandusky said he went behind Reid...that is your problem. Why would you ever call a sneak that goes behind anyone but Yanda? The play itself is awful because our interior line, Birk in particular, are just not suited for that kind of play. But if you are going to call it, at least go behind the best lineman on the team...

And why, at a crucial moment in the game, if you're going to run that kind of play on 4th and 1, would you not have your best RB in the game? Why leave it to your backup to get you a few inches. At least give it to Leach if you don't want to put Rice in for the play.

The sneak was a good call, but horrible execution. You do sneaks like Brady does, on different snap count and he decides to go over the center in the air or off the centers side depending on how the defense lines up. Joe is the worst at a sneak of any QB I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    And why, at a crucial moment in the game, if you're going to run that kind of play on 4th and 1, would you not have your best RB in the game? Why leave it to your backup to get you a few inches. At least give it to Leach if you don't want to put Rice in for the play.
    Probably has a lot to do with the fact that rice has been kind of terrible in short yardage. Now before people go crazy, it's not his fault. Blame our terrible o line, but rice isn't a power up the middle rb. Pierce is.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2