Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Attention now turns to San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    That's what I'm hoping and banking on too. Maybe we are just coming in to ourselves at this point in the season and the road issues will start working themselves out. This team knows we are coming down to the wire and if they want even a chance of the playoffs coming through Baltimore, they have to win at home AND on the road from here on out. At the same time, we really need Houston to start losing a couple of games but they have a cushy schedule the last I checked :(
    Unfortunately I think Houston is destined to get the top seed. A monsoon and a cheap shot helped them greatly in their win at Chicago. Jacksonville had them dead to rights and let them off the hook.

The hope is that the Lions take them on Thursday and NE gets them in Foxboro. Still though the Ravens would probably need to have the Colts put one on them because at the very least the Ravens could lose a game and still have a chance at the top seed.

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Conversely, Denver has come here like 3 straight now or so and I'd rather have them here at the Bank than SD as we need that homefield for Denver this year.
    If memory serves me correctly the format of where to travel when it comes to the AFC west was to split up road trips between San Diego and Oakland. I thought that was a driving factor in all this. Teams from the east would either to travel San Diego or Oakland but not both.

Blog Entries

San Diego's defense is trying to hold that team up, but it's just too much. Rivers doesn't trust his protection and is making his usual 'Rivers' mistakes. Denario Alexander has been making plays for them and I could see him giving Cary Williams problems. Their offensive line is really struggling right now.

I think Joe will have to win this one. but I could see this one going one of three ways:

Joe goes bombs away while Rivers' o-line gets him crushed.
    Philip goes bombs away while Flacco's o-line gets him crushed.
    They both go bombs away and have to win a shootout.

This is the most unpredictable game of the year. You knew that KC and Dallas would find a way to screw up. You knew that they would come out on fire against the Bengals. You knew that the offense would have to win it in New England. I incorrectly predicted a blowout in Pittsburgh, but you knew the defense would have to rise to the occasion.

Nobody knows how this game will go.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

4. Re: Attention now turns to San Diego

My concern is that Norv knows Cam very well--Cam was Norv's assistant when Norv was HC of the Redskins. Can even runs a variant of Norv's off. scheme.
    That familiarity with both Cam & his scheme gives Norv an edge--and we saw that last year when the Chargers D trounced our offense.

Norv (or his DC) adjusted to a Cover 3 after our passing offense showed signs of matching theirs and it worked, mainly because Cam made no attempt to counter it by running shallower routes underneath the 3 safeties or running the ball more to force them to play nearer the line. Instead he just kept sending Torrey & Q on deep slow developing patterns, right into the teeth of their Cover 3. And with our O-Line struggling to stop their 4 man pass rush, and our receivers unable to get open even when the protection was there, that was one of Flacco's worst games.

Am I supposed to believe anything's changed? That Cam won't repeat the same mistakes that he almost always does? I don't want to, but I'm predicting this as our 3rd loss for the season.

SURPRISE ME CAM PROVE ME WRONG I WANT YOU TO

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    My concern is that Norv knows Cam very well--Cam was Norv's assistant when Norv was HC of the Redskins. Can even runs a variant of Norv's off. scheme.
    That familiarity with both Cam & his scheme gives Norv an edge--and we saw that last year when the Chargers D trounced our offense.

Norv (or his DC) adjusted to a Cover 3 after our passing offense showed signs of matching theirs and it worked, mainly because Cam made no attempt to counter it by running shallower routes underneath the 3 safeties or running the ball more to force them to play nearer the line. Instead he just kept sending Torrey & Q on deep slow developing patterns, right into the teeth of their Cover 3. And with our O-Line struggling to stop their 4 man pass rush, and our receivers unable to get open even when the protection was there, that was one of Flacco's worst games.

Am I supposed to believe anything's changed? That Cam won't repeat the same mistakes that he almost always does? I don't want to, but I'm predicting this as our 3rd loss for the season.

SURPRISE ME CAM PROVE ME WRONG I WANT YOU TO
    You are forgetting to mention their inept offense that turns the ball over at will, our defense is one of the best at getting turnovers.

6. Re: Attention now turns to San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You are forgetting to mention their inept offense that turns the ball over at will, our defense is one of the best at getting turnovers.
    We also had a better D last year, but that was the one game that Webb missed and our D fell apart.

Granted they don't have V-Jax anymore, but now we don't have Webb or Jimmy, though Corey Graham looks like an improvement over Jimmy (at least in the short term).

And the Chargers always seem to come on strong at this time of the season; last season we played terrible on the West Coast, and this season we've been much worse on the road--yet we've still won those games that last year we seemed to lose.

I don't know, I keep going back and forth on this. We could win, but I just have a feeling we won't. Hoping I'm wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    We also had a better D last year, but that was the one game that Webb missed and our D fell apart.

Granted they don't have V-Jax anymore, but now we don't have Webb or Jimmy, though Corey Graham looks like an improvement over Jimmy (at least in the short term).

And the Chargers always seem to come on strong at this time of the season; last season we played terrible on the West Coast, and this season we've been much worse on the road--yet we've still won those games that last year we seemed to lose.

I don't know, I keep going back and forth on this. We could win, but I just have a feeling we won't. Hoping I'm wrong.
    3-2 isn't "much worse", we where terrible on the road last year at times too, losing to the Jags with the offensive showing we had was worse than any performance we had this year. People read too much into metrics and forget about teams figuring out a way to win, and I think our team is starting to get hot down the stretch. Btw, the Chargers are coming off a 2 game losing streak, I don't see how that qualifies as a team "getting hot" down the stretch, they have missed the play offs twice in a row now, and will likely miss again. This team are just not the same anymore, I'd be surprised if we lose this one. They have no down field threat, which is what their main strength was when they had Vincent Jackson. It's also not as if we can't beat this team or that they are our trap team, we beat them back in 09 @ San Diego, this is also not a night game, so the players clocks wont be out of sync in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    San Diego's defense is trying to hold that team up, but it's just too much. Rivers doesn't trust his protection and is making his usual 'Rivers' mistakes. Denario Alexander has been making plays for them and I could see him giving Cary Williams problems. Their offensive line is really struggling right now.

I think Joe will have to win this one. but I could see this one going one of three ways:

Joe goes bombs away while Rivers' o-line gets him crushed.
    Philip goes bombs away while Flacco's o-line gets him crushed.
    They both go bombs away and have to win a shootout.

This is the most unpredictable game of the year. You knew that KC and Dallas would find a way to screw up. You knew that they would come out on fire against the Bengals. You knew that the offense would have to win it in New England. I incorrectly predicted a blowout in Pittsburgh, but you knew the defense would have to rise to the occasion.

Nobody knows how this game will go.
    Well at least our forum is 'usually' realistic about our chances against other teams and how we match up. Unlike the Chargers forum...they've already banked a win against us even though their team sucks this year. I say flip a coin and hope we're on the winning side of it. I'll take an ugly win but sure wish we could beat the dog snot out of them to truly exploit their suckage (and revenge for last year).

iggyman555 Guest

i feel better about this years game vs SD than last years game...and we had a better D last year...

I think we get clobbered in this game. Rivers always kills us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I think we get clobbered in this game. Rivers always kills us.
    Philip Rivers is 2-2 against us, not exactly clobbering us isn't it. :grbac:

Teams also change.

If we can get pressure on Rivers I think we have this one.