Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Kindle experiment is not over...

Kindle (re)signed to the practice squad and Jordan Maybin cut.

EDIT: Nevermind... I see it was posted in other Suggs related threads. Feel free to delete.

Re: Kindle experiment is not over...

I think it can have it's own thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    I think it can have it's own thread.
    Yeah, I wouldn't have known if this thread hadn't started. Guess no one else in the league wanted him either?

Blog Entries

Kindle experiment is not over...neither is the Frankenstein experiment..."It's alive, it's alive!" ... Bc

Blog Entries

Interesting that no other team was interested in putting him on their PS. At this point he should realize that he's never going to play for the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Interesting that no other team was interested in putting him on their PS. At this point he should realize that he's never going to play for the Ravens.
    There's been little to no tape of him since his college days. Given that, I don't think it's surprising that no other teams were interested. The Ravens coaches, FO, and players are the only ones who know whether Kindle has anything to offer because they're the only ones who watch him practice every day. I think the FO may regret having given up on James Harrison and are willing to stick it out with Kindle (on the practice squad).

Does he have full p-squad eligibility? How many seasons from this point forward can he be on the p-squad?

If he can put in multiple seasons in a development capacity, then I don't have a problem with him sticking around. Between he and Hamilton, we've got plenty of fodder for message board speculation.

Color me unimpressed.

Blog Entries

I don't really understand the move but I guess if you can keep a former 2nd round pick around, might as well do it. Really feel like, with our significant pass rush/overall defensive issues this year, the fact that he was STILL inactive is all I need to know that he can't play anymore, if he ever could. Our D has not and will probably never be weaker (in the short term) than it is right now and this guy still can't see the field?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't really understand the move but I guess if you can keep a former 2nd round pick around, might as well do it. Really feel like, with our significant pass rush/overall defensive issues this year, the fact that he was STILL inactive is all I need to know that he can't play anymore, if he ever could. Our D has not and will probably never be weaker (in the short term) than it is right now and this guy still can't see the field?
    Sergio Kindle was never even an experiment. Hes never been given a chance to start and that seems to be the norm with this coaching staff. They do not give young players the ability to start.

They think that bad practice player translates to them being bad on the field.

I cannot understand why Kindle hasnt been given a chance yet. By all accounts, he was a beast coming out of college. Sure, he lost some of his hearing, but that shit is not going to mess up his play.

In the pre-season he has shown to have a decent motor and seems pretty relentless on the field.

This whole situation just sums up our coaching staff - the inability to develop players.

All of our key defensive players came before the harbaugh era, aside from Webb. And the only reason he was on the field was because he was our last resort + he could return kicks.

Our key offensive players came with harbaugh, but lets look at our offense. Ray Rice was obviously the best pick of the harbaugh era.

Joe Flacco, he has started here every game since 2008, but why? Because of injury and illness. He came into 2008 as 3rd on the depth chart AFTER BEING A 1st ROUND DRAFT PICK. Seriously? You pick a QB in the first round and you throw him at the back of the bus when you have Kyle Boller and Troy Smith in front? What a seriously bad judge of talent.

I know you guys dont want to hear it, but Jared Gaithers injury appeared just after John Harbaugh moved him from LT to RT... after having an All Pro year at LT. Why? Because Michael Oher was a movie star and 1st round pick.

Im sorry, but I have a serious issue with this coaching staffs judge of talent and ability to put players in their best position to succeed.

We have been dominant these past years because of the defense that we already had when John came in. Most of our talent on both sides of the ball came way of FA or Billick era.

The gas is starting to run low with our defense and our offense, with cam at the helm, is unable to pick up the slack.

I know you guys dont want to hear it, but it is the truth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    Sergio Kindle was never even an experiment. Hes never been given a chance to start and that seems to be the norm with this coaching staff. They do not give young players the ability to start.

They think that bad practice player translates to them being bad on the field.

I cannot understand why Kindle hasnt been given a chance yet. By all accounts, he was a beast coming out of college. Sure, he lost some of his hearing, but that shit is not going to mess up his play.

In the pre-season he has shown to have a decent motor and seems pretty relentless on the field.

This whole situation just sums up our coaching staff - the inability to develop players.

All of our key defensive players came before the harbaugh era, aside from Webb. And the only reason he was on the field was because he was our last resort + he could return kicks.

Our key offensive players came with harbaugh, but lets look at our offense. Ray Rice was obviously the best pick of the harbaugh era.

Joe Flacco, he has started here every game since 2008, but why? Because of injury and illness. He came into 2008 as 3rd on the depth chart AFTER BEING A 1st ROUND DRAFT PICK. Seriously? You pick a QB in the first round and you throw him at the back of the bus when you have Kyle Boller and Troy Smith in front? What a seriously bad judge of talent.

I know you guys dont want to hear it, but Jared Gaithers injury appeared just after John Harbaugh moved him from LT to RT... after having an All Pro year at LT. Why? Because Michael Oher was a movie star and 1st round pick.

Im sorry, but I have a serious issue with this coaching staffs judge of talent and ability to put players in their best position to succeed.

We have been dominant these past years because of the defense that we already had when John came in. Most of our talent on both sides of the ball came way of FA or Billick era.

The gas is starting to run low with our defense and our offense, with cam at the helm, is unable to pick up the slack.

I know you guys dont want to hear it, but it is the truth.
    Nice post, but you will be drowned out by 4 straight years of making the playoffs. No one ever sees how well the table was set for John Harbaugh. I still say Billick got a raw deal. 13-3 season then a 5-11 season and toast. All that bullshit about losing the locker room got way overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Nice post, but you will be drowned out by 4 straight years of making the playoffs. No one ever sees how well the table was set for John Harbaugh. I still say Billick got a raw deal. 13-3 season then a 5-11 season and toast. All that bullshit about losing the locker room got way overblown.
    Yeah, Im tired of the same old song and dance.

Our defense is what has kept this team thriving for the past few years.

Our offense has done enough to not fuck it up, with the occasional good game here and there.... except at the end of the day, they always find a way to fuck it up.

2008 AFC CG: Defense was playing awesome, Joe throws the game sealing INT(Cant fault him, he was a rookie QB).

2009 AFC Div: Defense was awesome, Ed reed picked off manning twice(one came back for a bullshit penalty). Guess who fucked it up?

2010 AFC Div: Defense was AWESOME. GUESS WHO FUCKED THIS ONE UP?

2011 AFC CG: Defense shut down brady and the pats offense.... guess... who... fucked... this one... up?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    The team was stacked before harbaugh came in, but Billick wasn't getting the most out of those guys. His message was stale. Plus Billick was Modell's hire. You don't think Bisciotti wanted to put his own guy in charge of his team? It was only a matter of time.