Re: Pitta injury

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Damn Surgery???wtf
    To put his hip back in place.....

Blog Entries

take it for what it's worth...

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    2m What can be concluded by Dennis Pitta undergoing surgery immediately is that this is going to be a long-term injury, could be months, plural

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Who said it was a 6 week injury?

These type injuries are rare so there is no previous timetable to go by so its almost Pitta's case and thats it so if he heals quick he is on the field quick but there is no set timetable for this injury, does that mean it is ultra serious, NO.

A torn ACL or Achilles is way more serious are more common so just because this is not a common injury does not mean it is a total serious injury. Its just hard with all the pads and you basically have to land a certain way for this to happen whereas an ACL tear or other tear can happen in many ways.

If surgery is being performed, that means an attempt to manipulate the ball back into the socket externally was unsuccessful.

This is generally because there are bone fragments in the socket, or the soft tissue damage is so significant that there isn't really a socket to seat in.

This means the dislocation is likely at least a type IV.

In type IV dislocations, Avascular necrosis (bone death and deterioration as a result of insufficient blood supply) rates are about 60%

Avascular necrosis is what Bo Jackson had.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    You are correct.

Jackson's blood vessel damage and resulting bone necrosis were a result of the dislocation. Jackson's original injury was only a partial dislocation (called a subluxation). Blood vessel and nerve damage are not atypical in violent hip dislocations (but for some unknown reason blood supply damage is more common in partial dislocations than in full dislocations).

I don't know the particular nature of Pitta's injury but let's hope he has no such problems.
    I seem to recall from his 30 for 30 it was the other way around. Also, I have to think advances in medicine, even if the same blood issue develops, will mitigate any issue similar to Bo's.

Regardless, I hope it isn't serious to the point it's a career ender.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Regardless, I hope it isn't serious to the point it's a career ender.

Me too. Surgery though, is not a good sign.

Blog Entries

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is expected to be out for the year with a dislocated hip, per ESPN source.

ughh

Well I see Leach coming back and Furstenburg (sp?) on the roster. I mean obviously it's horrible news, but no time to bitch and cry about it. On to the next one on the depth chart. Lets go
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

How in the name of Sam Hell do you dislocate your hip. Leg bone connected to the hip bone - I can't comprehend the force necessry to get the Femur (I think that is the bone between the knee and the pelvis) out of it's socket in the pelvis. Ouch! Getting reset - Double Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Well I see Leach coming back and Furstenburg (sp?) on the roster. I mean obviously it's horrible news, but no time to bitch and cry about it. On to the next one on the depth chart. Lets go
    I'm less concerned for the team, and more concerned for Pitta.

The team can control it's own fate and has some solid resources to call on.

Pitta's outcome is out of his control.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m
    Ravens TE Dennis Pitta is expected to be out for the year with a dislocated hip, per ESPN source.

ughh
    Welp...it's time for Dickson to step up.

I'd try and find a legit #2 WR at this point...I'm not a fan of Brandon Lloyd, but at this point, for Joe to have lost his 2 safety valve options, it's going to be tough IMHO to see that consistent improvement in our passing game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

FFFFAAAAAUUUUUCCCKKKK!!!! Get well Pitta!! Next man up damn this sucks balls!!