Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts about the game Bill Polian Indy

I just istened to their show by way of internet. They said that Peyton Manning and Indy Colts fans there said how nasty the fans were in Baltimore. That they had things thrown at them and talked to them very bad. They said they wanted the league to look into the behavior of Baltimore fans.

1st we had some Indy fans in sections around me and there were no problems but a little talk that ended up with problems.

Fans were calling in saying how they smacked the big bad Ravens in the mouth.

Would love to hear thoughts of others on this.

Last edited by Sports Steve; 01-16-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Re: Thoughts about the game Bill Polian Indy

People always overrate opposing fans behavior.

Smacked us in the mouth? With 5 field goals? Please. That's a win, but thats not smacking anyone in the mouth.

Embarrassing. Pretty much everything about the behavior of some Ravens fans was embarrassing, from harassing Colts fans (not the trolls) on this board, to treating - disrespecting - our own team like some stand-in for a team that left in another era, to (apparently) mistreating Colts fans who were here, to (worst part) leaving early from the game.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

So tell me Steve, since you listened to this show...
    Did these same fans and talk show hosts on the show comment about the motor home load of Indy fans that tailgated in lot J?

You know, the batch of dumb fucks that thought it would be ammusing and classy to hoist up a mayflower moving lines flag high atop their flag pole?

Didn't think so!!

Sometimes ones actions can provoke unwanted responses that might not have been expected by the initial instigators.

In no way will I deny that there was bad behavior by Ravens fans towards Indy fans the other day.
    It is what it is, and that's just the way it is virtually almost any city that has an NFL team.

As somebody that visits other stadiums from time to time, I try and remain on my best behavior and show respect.

I can honestly say that if/when I ever decide to take a road trip to Cleveland for a game, hoisting up a banner or flag with a picture of Modell holding up the Lombardi trophy will not be on my agenda.

That would kind of be like asking for whatever trouble I might find myself receiving.

So with that in mind...

The whiny (not so innocent) Indy fans can take their hurt feelings about not being treated like angels and kindly Fuck Themselves!!:hammer: :hammer:
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    So tell me Steve, since you listened to this show...
    Did these same fans and talk show hosts on the show comment about the motor home load of Indy fans that tailgated in lot J?

You know, the batch of dumb fucks that thought it would be ammusing and classy to hoist up a mayflower moving lines flag high atop their flag pole?

Didn't think so!!

Sometimes ones actions can provoke unwanted responses that might not have been expected by the initial instigators.

In no way will I deny that there was bad behavior by Ravens fans towards Indy fans the other day.
    It is what it is, and that's just the way it is virtually almost any city that has an NFL team.

As somebody that visits other stadiums from time to time, I try and remain on my best behavior and show respect.

I can honestly say that if/when I ever decide to take a road trip to Cleveland for a game, hoisting up a banner or flag with a picture of Modell holding up the Lombardi trophy will not be on my agenda.

That would kind of be like asking for whatever trouble I might find myself receiving.

So with that in mind...

The whiny (not so innocent) Indy fans can take their hurt feelings about not being treated like angels and kindly Fuck Themselves!!:hammer: :hammer:
    I wish I had known about that motor home. I would have called into the show and blasted their ass. They were pissing me off. It was everything I could do not to turn it off however since I heard some of these things I wanted to hear the whole story. I guess they didn't tell the whole story. I never thought Peyton would bitch like that.

Last edited by Sports Steve; 01-16-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Have to say - if they had tried that in the UK at a soccer game they would have been walking home - via the local hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Have to say - if they had tried that in the UK at a soccer game they would have been walking home - via the local hospital.
    Yeah you're right soccer games in UK get rough.

There are some situations you dont put yourself in. Coming to Baltimore as an Indy fan for the playoffs is one of them. You get no sympathy from me.
    Also remember, midwestreners arent exactly used to east coast attitude to begin with. There was probably a little culture shock before the tailgates even started.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Sports Steve, tell me what station you were listening to.

I'll gladly email my photos of the Mayflower flag to them, with a suggestion along the lines of Fanatic's - that they are more than welcome to take their complaints and shove them deep where the sun don't shine. That, and an invitation to stay the fuck out of Balrimore for ever and ever, amen.

And I'll send them to Polian, too.

Indiacrapolis fans are some of the meekest, ugliest and weakest-looking shrubs this side of Pittsburgh. Half of the junior high kids here could beat up adults there. It's pathetic. And to top it off, they don't know shit about football. All they know is it's a good thing when horseface throws a ball to Harrision or Wayne in the endzone.

I was really hoping for NE to beat SD just because I know it's our best shot to keep that fraud franchise out of the Super Bowl.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I didn't really notice any Bmore vs. Indy fan nastyness, just the usual smack of a visiting team. They were saying some smart stuff back that could have got them hit by someone, but hey, when you're the visitor, you respect & keep your mouth shut. You don't run it & precipitate a situation.

I did see fights break out between Ravens fans in the bathrooms/concourse later in the game & after. Too much alcohol & frustration = idiots fighting each other over a comment or disagreement about what happened. Stupid stuff when we start fighting ourselves.

I didn't see the Mayflower flag, wish I did, we could have all got together & made a run at it, played capture the flag & burn it. This is bullshit & shouldn't have been done on our lot.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

What about the Indy fans that jumped an off duty police officer? I must say that the Indy fans that I have dealt with have some of the foulest language I've ever seen in print. I know of 4 PM's I got on another site that made me blush to read them, maybe I should forward those to Polian and Manning--but I would be to embarrassed to have my name associated with them. Trevor Pryce said the same thing of the Pittsburgh fans.

Right after the game when they interviewed Manning on the field, he commented on how this was the most hostile environment he's ever played in, with all the middle finger salutes aimed at the bus as they were going into the stadium.....
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.