Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I'm done with PFF after reading that. Just wow.

Re: Gradkowski must sit

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    To prove HoustonRaven's point of PFF being a joke...would you believe that their ratings for our defense yesterday had Terrell Suggs as only the 5th best Ravens defender!?!? Well they did. In fact, they had Suggs with a negative grade in pass rushing. LOL! That's how ridiculous their grading system is. Stick exclusively with Filmstudy in grading the Ravens, or, if you have access to the All 22, grade them yourself. I got PFF premium and it might be the worst money I've spent in my life.
    Lol.

I'm with HR as we've been critical of PFF since the start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

That PFF stuff works in baseball but it's not the same in football. Too many variables

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Lol.

I'm with HR as we've been critical of PFF since the start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Don't forget me and GOTA.

We've always found it interesting...but that's where it ends.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The PFF references need to get their squirrely asses outta here.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Here's how PFF works on this board:

If they say an unpopular player is playing well: they're a joke. If they say he's playing poorly, they're gospel.

If they say a fan favorite is playing well. Gospel. Poorly? Joke.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Here's how PFF works on this board:

If they say an unpopular player is playing well: they're a joke. If they say he's playing poorly, they're gospel.

If they say a fan favorite is playing well. Gospel. Poorly? Joke.
    PFF works like this:

Arbitrary mathematical value attributed to this player on this play regardless of other elements impacting that individual player on that individual play.

Result: arbitrary numerical value that neither explains not offers any real analytical insight into the player, the play, the team or the game.

As others have said, this isn't baseball. It just doesn't work all of the time.

Folks who take it as gospel are being misled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Oh I agree that their results are usually inaccurate. I just find it funny how some posters will either shit on them or sit them on a pedestal depending on whether or not they agree with their assessment.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The PFF references need to get their squirrely asses outta here.
    Hey even I called their grading system a joke. I feel like you`re all piling on me. My point was about the pressures, not the grade.

Last year 19 centers went through the entire season without surrendering 19 pressures. Gino has done this in 5 games. 6 more then anyone else, and 17 out of 29 qualifying centers right now have surrendered 5 or less. Even if Gino is flawless the rest of the year, he`s most likely gonna end up in the bottom half of the league in this category.

Not saying stats for pressures allowed are completly accurate, but it`s alot less subjective determining who`s to blame for a QB pressure then grading a player on a given play.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Oh I agree that their results are usually inaccurate. I just find it funny how some posters will either shit on them or sit them on a pedestal depending on whether or not they agree with their assessment.
    Nobody in this thread has argued FOR the PFF grading system. So please stop jerking each other off.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoomas View Post
    Nobody in this thread has argued FOR the PFF grading system. So please stop jerking each other off.
    PFF or no PFF, I'm sick and tired of seeing Gradkowski being walked back into the pocket on passing plays and completely nullified on running plays. Yesterday, Shipley not only effectively blocked his man but was able to get to LB's at the second level. Shipley, at last, must be 100% injury free. It's time to give this guy at least a shot at starting.

Quote Originally Posted by yahoomas View Post
    Simmer down sailor, I was commenting on a phenomenon that extends beyond this thread and in fact said I was specifically talking about certain posters, if my observation doesn't apply to you, then it wasn't directed at you.