Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Double J Sends Text Message to Ravens Offense

Apology accepted

JJ did the dirty work on the defense, mostly setting the edge or taking on double teams. That doesn't produce great numbers. JJ will go down as a fan favorite but fall just short of ROH IMO.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Nope. No way.

Now Ring of Honor, maybe...:p

(Trust someone from the British Isles to misspell that. Do you folks get paid by the number of superfluous "u"'s you stuff into innocent words? Or are you simply pistoul-whipt by your UK spelchequer?)

FTR I would put JJ into the RoH on the strength of the time he folded Whines Hard up like tar&piss-colored origami...as the videomaker put it at the end of the clip, it never gets old! But that's just me. :D
    I think Ernest Byner actually lived in Bmore for a year. As far as I knowthat was his only qualification. JJ deserves to be in just because of his hit on Ward.

Blog Entries

Love JJ but he's the enemy today. I hope he's on his ass all day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Apology accepted
    Thanks I owe you one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Oh dear :hammer:

That's it, a permanent ban on exporting Guinness to the USA!
    You don't deserve the good stuff
    Fine by me. I consider Guinness, draft or not, undrinkable beyond barge range from St. Jamesgate. (The only time I actually enjoyed a glass was at Temple Bar in Dublin.)

(Touch a nerve, did I? Misson accomplished. In the rip-your-best-friend-a-new-one-smiling-all-the-way common to all Irish pubs. ;))

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Fine by me. I consider Guinness, draft or not, undrinkable beyond barge range from St. Jamesgate. (The only time I actually enjoyed a glass was at Temple Bar in Dublin.)

(Touch a nerve, did I? Misson accomplished. In the rip-your-best-friend-a-new-one-smiling-all-the-way common to all Irish pubs. ;))
    Yes it is definitely better over there. Unless you are in Cork then you must drink Murphy's. But if you find the right pub that sells alot of it, with the right bartender who knows how to pour it, it still is better then the watered down American beers. J Patrick's, Cat's Eye, and Bolan's all serve an excellent pint.

I will drink a few this afternoon to celebrate a Ravens win, and a stealer loss.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Heap is the Ravens all time receiving leader. JJ played a no frills position and much of what he did never hit the stat sheets. I cant see him going into the Ring
    Normally i would agree with this but the organization has set the bar pretty low as far as the ROH goes. And FWIW, JJ (and his lunchbox work ethic) exemplifies what the ravens are all about, a lot more than some of the other guys in the ring (lewis, byner, mccrary). And dont forget that JJ holds the franchise record for consecutive games played. That is a stat that Baltimore really cherishes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    I think Ernest Byner actually lived in Bmore for a year. As far as I knowthat was his only qualification. JJ deserves to be in just because of his hit on Ward.
    Yeah. I loved Byner, but it was more from watching him play for other teams, including the most prolific Coryell offense in that system's history- the 1991 Redskins. Pull him off the Ring and put JJ in...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    ...But if you find the right pub that sells alot of it, with the right bartender who knows how to pour it, it still is better then the watered down American beers. J Patrick's, Cat's Eye, and Bolan's all serve an excellent pint.
    Soirry, man, but I had it down at J.P.'s when I was a regular there--& couldn't finish half of it. Looked & tasted to me as if it had been drawn from a septic tank.

When I ordered the second glass at that pub in Temple Bar the bartender said, Why didn't you just order a pint to begin with? & I replied, Because I've loathed the stuff everywhere else I've had it, & this was its last chance. Seriously--even other places in Ireland...& since it is highly unlikely I will ever return to The Auld Sod, I suppose that's the last time I'll ever taste it. No great loss--I get my fill of Czech lagers onsite every year...