Blog Entries

Anyone have ProFootballFocus access?

Does anyone here have PFF access that wouldn't mind looking something up for me?

I want to see Flacco's average depth of target (aDOT) year by year since 2008.

In particular, I am trying to see if there is a correlation to years when his completion % was 60%+ (namely 2008-2010), and the last 3 years when it has been <60%.

Obviously we know that 2008-2010 relied heavily on routes to Mason, whereas 2011-2013 relied heavily on low percentage deep routes to Torrey.

I am interested also because of the general "accuracy" comments some people make about Flacco in recent years.

Overall I just want to see deeper passing data and see if it supports some of my thoughts.

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone have ProFootballFocus access?

I don't think anyone would disagree that Flacco has missed the skill set that Mason brought as a route runner.

I don't think we've run a damn out pattern or comeback route since he left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think anyone would disagree that Flacco has missed the skill set that Mason brought as a route runner.

I don't think we've run a damn out pattern or comeback route since he left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really miss seeing those 15 yard out throws. Flacco and Mason were always perfectly in sync. It was pretty much impossible to defend with Mason's route running and Joe's arm.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Does anyone here have PFF access that wouldn't mind looking something up for me?

I want to see Flacco's average depth of target (aDOT) year by year since 2008.

In particular, I am trying to see if there is a correlation to years when his completion % was 60%+ (namely 2008-2010), and the last 3 years when it has been <60%.

Obviously we know that 2008-2010 relied heavily on routes to Mason, whereas 2011-2013 relied heavily on low percentage deep routes to Torrey.

I am interested also because of the general "accuracy" comments some people make about Flacco in recent years.

Overall I just want to see deeper passing data and see if it supports some of my thoughts.
    I think it's Football Outsiders (and others I'm not aware of) that track aDOT.
    I'm pretty sure PFF.com doesn't unless they just added it.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I think it's Football Outsiders (and others I'm not aware of) that track aDOT.
    I'm pretty sure PFF.com doesn't unless they just added it.
    You could be right. Although I have been seeing aDOT a lot in PFFs recent QB analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    You could be right. Although I have been seeing aDOT a lot in PFFs recent QB analysis.
    Didn't look too hard, but I didn't find aDOT on FO.com.
    You actually may be right.
    I'll poke around some more later.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Here's Flacco's aDOT from 2010-2013. Unfortunately I couldn't find any numbers for Joe prior to 2010.

YEAR aDOT
    2010 9.1
    2011 9.8
    2012 9.1
    2013 9.5

One thing I noticed looking at the aDOT figures is that there was only one instance in any of the four years that any of the "elite" (Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers) finished in the top 10.

There was one article that showed all the QB's that were over 9.0 in aDOT between 2008 and 2010. Flacco was not listed for 2008 or 2009. I can't say for certain what his number was for those years but I can say that it was below 9.0 if that's helpful.
    Last edited by Cj34; 06-11-2014 at 12:53 PM.