Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A reminder

Blog Entries
    Seattle and San Fran were the two best teams in football last year. Not the Patriots, or the Packers, or even the Broncos.

What were those teams built on? I don't need to say it really, but I will anyway. DEFENSE. With consistent QB play, and effective offenses that could pound the ball, and make clutch plays in the passing game. Neither teams had great talent at WR. Sure, Golden Tate, and Anquan Boldin are good, but they're not elite weapons that many people advocate about drafting or signing every year.

The point is, these teams don't need elite receivers to win championships. Neither did the Ravens, nor did the Steelers. They could get by with clutch QBs who aren't exactly Tom Brady, with good veteran receivers.

Joe Flacco at this point in his career has enough targets to be a championship level Qb again. Sure, we could have done with another wide out. But that's not how the board stacked up. It's important that we refill this defense that has lost a lot over recent seasons. We have added a lot of promising defensive players last year and this year, only time will tell if that works out. If they turn out to be good players, you're probably looking at an elite defense again.

What actually worries me more is the run game. We have enough decent players in the passing game Imo. Base offense is going to be T Smith, Daniels, Pitta, and S Smith. But I don't trust either Rice or Pierce to replicate their 2012 level of play, so it's important that we get a RB that Kubes feels he can develop into a good ZBS RB. We could still do with a good RT to push Wagner too.

Blog Entries

Re: A reminder

We all WANTED WR, but with the Steve Smith signing and Marlon Brown's emergence, it wasn't that big a need.

What we NEED is depth at WR to develop to replace Smith and Jacoby. Still plenty of time for that in a deep draft, and we have Mellette on top of that as well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

There is no way whatsoever we go into this season as is in regards running back. It would be unjustifiable

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    There is no way whatsoever we go into this season as is in regards running back. It would be unjustifiable
    It will be interesting to see what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    seattle and san fran were the two best teams in football last year. Not the patriots, or the packers, or even the broncos.

What were those teams built on? I don't need to say it really, but i will anyway. Defense. With consistent qb play, and effective offenses that could pound the ball, and make clutch plays in the passing game. Neither teams had great talent at wr. Sure, golden tate, and anquan boldin are good, but they're not elite weapons that many people advocate about drafting or signing every year.

The point is, these teams don't need elite receivers to win championships. Neither did the ravens, nor did the steelers. They could get by with clutch qbs who aren't exactly tom brady, with good veteran receivers.

Joe flacco at this point in his career has enough targets to be a championship level qb again. Sure, we could have done with another wide out. But that's not how the board stacked up. It's important that we refill this defense that has lost a lot over recent seasons. We have added a lot of promising defensive players last year and this year, only time will tell if that works out. If they turn out to be good players, you're probably looking at an elite defense again.

What actually worries me more is the run game. We have enough decent players in the passing game imo. Base offense is going to be t smith, daniels, pitta, and s smith. But i don't trust either rice or pierce to replicate their 2012 level of play, so it's important that we get a rb that kubes feels he can develop into a good zbs rb. We could still do with a good rt to push wagner too.

church!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking rb in 4-5th.

We got some good cap room too. This team won't be a finished product for some time.

Blog Entries

Totally agree, but they should have no trouble finding one. May make more sense to rent a vet than to get committed to a draft pick (4 year contract). I'm OK either way. I love Lache Seastrunk, but it's easy to get hooked on flashy RBs. Or flashy WRs for that matter.

Blog Entries

I agree with this post, but only to a degree. San Francisco and Seattle drafts plug and play players. We have not drafted an impact starter since Webb in 2009. Seattle especially, has excelled at drafting impact starters in the later rounds. I don't know if it's scouting or coaching, but lately there's been a disconnect with the Ravens. Right now, there is a dearth of young Pro Bowl level talent. We will see if things start changing with this draft..

I really like Storm Johnson
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

The Wizard of One Winning Drive got "f...ed" by the Browns on Terrance West

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loyola View Post
    The Wizard of One Winning Drive got "f...ed" by the Browns on Terrance West
    In the end, there was nothing he could do. Our remaining 3rd was a comp pick, can't be traded.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Not true - he had 2015 tradeable picks available - knowing full well he was going to get at least three comp picks for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    In the end, there was nothing he could do. Our remaining 3rd was a comp pick, can't be traded.