Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

My God darb72 is obnoxious. I guess the good ol' boys of the board get a pass with their personal insults of other posters.

Anyway, remember that Harbaugh got a glowing recomendation from Bill Belichick. He told the Ravens that he would be a good hire, and that a lot of practical coaching experience was overrated. I'm sure that had a lot to do with the decision to hire him. That and he was cheap while they were still paying Billick.

Re: Harbaugh Supports Cam's decision to Pass!!!

Harbaugh is the head coach. He needs to act like one. His job is to make sure we have some sort of balanced attack. The problem is he has too many ties with Cam. Cam gave him his first coaching job. Ozzie or Biscotti need to intervene soon.
    Cam is always trying to outsmart his opponents. Well 3 times this year it has backfired. Run the ball to set up the pass please! This passing to set up the run is not the Ravens identity.
    Cam will be here till seasons end. Then he will be looking for another job. It is a shame that we have put together this team and can't steer it in the right direction.

Is Harbaugh Andy Reid lite?

Had to watch the game in a sports bar in Portsmouth, NH and had a long drive home to think about our team. Do coordinators learn their style from their HCs. If so, can we expect a team that will consistently make the playoffs but lacks the "killer instinct" and HC acumen to seal the deal and get to and win the Superbowl. I know that we should be very happy that we have gone to the playoffs 3 years in a row and a lot of NFL cities would kill for that record, but when our primary rival has been twice and won one in the same time frame it tends to cloud your judgement.
    Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less"--GEN R. E. Lee

Coach speak and nothing more.

Next.

There is a constant thread that people expect a HC to verbalize everything so the fans are happy that their feelings are validated. Most of the comments are the last thing that would realistically happen in the real world, and would suggest a lack of a "foxhole" mentality. What is on the surface does mean it is what is real; otherwise "tell-all" books would not be popular.

I am an attorney. If I opened an office I could not cover all of the areas of the law because some are not in my menu. I would hire associates with a focus in those areas. I would not at any time intervene to tell them how to do their line of work. I would control how they deal with clients, the business practices and the costs, but if it came down to a client versus the associate, I would publicly support the latter unless it was an offense that caused termination. I may rip them a new one behind closed doors, but it would not be in front of the staff either. And if how they handled their line of work was questionable, eventually they are gone. Coming out in the public and ripping your people is a recipe for disaster.

I watched the sidelines at the Cardinals game. In the first half, I saw Harbaugh slowly wander near Cameron, then stop and I saw his lips move. Cameron picked his head up suddenly, then put it down and stared at his sheet without moving. Harbaugh just stood there moving his lips, then turned around abruptly and walked up the sideline. He never looked on the field, and was staring toward the endzone. My impression was that he was controlled in what he was saying and how he was saying it. Was he giving any comments without giving any video for discussion? Who knows?

There are some issues under the surface. The team is 6-3 right now. If they go 4-3, then they are 10-6. If they find a way to push past any boiling issue, then it could be better. The challenge to Harbaugh right now is to find a way to pull all of this together and avoid a meltdown. There are a ton of egos bouncing off the walls of all of the rooms in Owings Mills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    I am saying the gatorade bath represents a mindset. In my opinion its not the mindset of a championship team. I think it is part of some systemic issues for your team. I think Harbs pressers reveal that.
    I agree with you. It was way over the top and not something a team that expects to win a Championship would do.

Quote Originally Posted by JeromeBettis63 View Post
    I am saying the gatorade bath represents a mindset. In my opinion its not the mindset of a championship team. I think it is part of some systemic issues for your team. I think Harbs pressers reveal that.
    This is spot on. I'm relatively new here, so my troll ears were up, but I think this is an absolute honest assessment. :respect

John Harbaugh is incapable of PREPARING FOR SUCCESS, and it trickles down (I wonder if he is altogether ignored in some circles in the locker room). I am curious as to your take from a Steeler bent - do you think the talent is there, and it is the leadership that is failing?

Blog Entries

Re: Is Harbaugh Andy Reid lite?

Andy Reid has been to a Superbowl. And they lost by 3 points to the Cheatriots. There is a very good chance that the Eagles were victims of spygate.

Having said that I'd prefer to think of the Ravens as the next group of Colts instead of Eagles lite. How many times in a row did the Colts have 10+ win seasons and make the playoffs before finally reaching and winning a Superbowl? It was like 6.

The problem for Ravens fans isnt even that the Steelers have won it recently. It's that we've got aging players whose windows are closing, Ray and Ed namely. Ravens fans seem to feel like if we don't win it while they are still here its no point. I'd love to see those guys get rings, especially Ed, but I disagree. If we win before they retire thats great but if its after they are gone.... thats great to.

Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Nother Suggs View Post
    Anyway, remember that Harbaugh got a glowing recomendation from Bill Belichick. He told the Ravens that he would be a good hire, and that a lot of practical coaching experience was overrated.

Maybe Bellicheat was just trying to stack the AFC deck in his favor.....

Blog Entries

Youre upset over a gatorade bath and claiming that because the players did that, that the coach isnt championship caliber? Id sooner say that the fact that Harbs doesnt have them focused AFTER an emotional win is the telling sign. I dont think the gatorade bath shows anything except that beating the Steelers is important to this team which it is because we have to get through them to get to the championship. Im not sure what the problem with focus is, but that should be your argument not that they celebrate emotional wins. Ive seen every team in the league do that, including your Steelers. I love that Steelers fans seem so quick to point out the Ravens flaws this week while completely ignoring the fact that they lost to them twice and in doing so are pointing out their own flaws. If were that horrible they should have beat us and they couldnt.
    -JAB

Re: John Harbaugh - Handed the keys to the car but failed the regular maintenance

"If so, I submit most humbly that all posters bow and grovel in fear of being bound to a rock until Ragnarok loosens all fetters."

Icelandic references: Mondo Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Youre upset over a gatorade bath and claiming that because the players did that, that the coach isnt championship caliber? Id sooner say that the fact that Harbs doesnt have them focused AFTER an emotional win is the telling sign. I dont think the gatorade bath shows anything except that beating the Steelers is important to this team which it is because we have to get through them to get to the championship. Im not sure what the problem with focus is, but that should be your argument not that they celebrate emotional wins. Ive seen every team in the league do that, including your Steelers. I love that Steelers fans seem so quick to point out the Ravens flaws this week while completely ignoring the fact that they lost to them twice and in doing so are pointing out their own flaws. If were that horrible they should have beat us and they couldnt.
    JAB, I think your post makes my point.

First, I am not upset over it. I thought it was revealing of the Ravens mindset. Harbaugh is the one that creates the mindset and atmosphere that leads to that event happening. Second, the wins against the Steelers were big wins. I don't think the Ravens suck, I think they are a darn good football team. Heck, half the time I think my opinion of your team is higher than most of your own fans. That drive by Flacco and company was exactly the kind of thing it takes to win a championship. But those wins are gonna be fairly hollow if your team watches the Steelers advance further in the play-offs again. Maybe I will be dead wrong, maybe the Ravens will win it all this year...it wouldn't shock me...but gatorade baths at mid-season aren't helping them get there.