Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Jason Campbell signs with Bengals

I would rather have Jason Campbell as my backup than Tyrod Taylor. I don't think he will make Dalton any better, but he can get you some wins if Dalton gets hurt. He looked good in Oakland before he got hurt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    I would rather have Jason Campbell as my backup than Tyrod Taylor. I don't think he will make Dalton any better, but he can get you some wins if Dalton gets hurt. He looked good in Oakland before he got hurt.
    Yeah, Dalton will be injured at some point (He's been extremely lucky so far w/injuries). Nice to have a quality backup that can go right in and take over if the need arises.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Good pick up. Wish we'd pick up a vet. But I'm guessing they'll draft someone in the later rounds. Just have zero faith in Taylor if Flacco goes down for any amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I've never heard him called lazy so that's new to me. Josh Freeman yes but not Campbell.
    Living in the DC area, I never heard that about him in his four years here.

I think his issue always was slow decision making.
    Now, this, I heard. A lot.

At one point that guy went through 4 different systems in 4 years and basically got blown out of DC after Gibbs quit.
    Not to mention a different OC every year he was at Auburn. They kinda joked in DC that you'd think he'd be an expert at learning new systems. The guy is a slow decision-maker, and learning a new system every year since high school, basically, hasn't helped him.

I've never heard him called lazy so that's new to me. Josh Freeman yes but not Campbell.
    Me neither. I don't know where this business about Campbell being "lazy" comes from. You can question other things about him, but not that. As mentioned earlier, I think he'll be a good No. 2 for Cincy.

According to Mary Kay Cabot, he is elite. Cincy can start printing SB tickets.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    According to Mary Kay Cabot, he is elite. Cincy can start printing SB tickets.
    LMAO, Finally!!!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    ... Cincy can start printing SB tickets.
    The Bengals have to win a playoff game first. Cart before the horse... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Easy now, he was Offensive Player of the Week against the Ravens D.
    And therein lies his value to the Bengals. If Dalton has to miss a series, a game, a couple of games, Campbell is a legit replacement as an NFL QB. The same cannot be said of Troy Smith or Tyrod Taylor. We need to spend a little more & carry at least a plausible short term replacement for Joe, whose luck will catch up to him one day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD79 View Post
    The only example he will provide is how to be lazy.
    Slightly OT, but my brother lives in Northern VA, and his grandson was born with a very rare condition of not having a functioning digestive system and had to wait 6 years until old enough for complete transplant/donor. He always wanted to be normal to just like just eat; go to McDonald's, play football, and meet Jason Campbell who was the 'skins QB then. After extensive surgery and a long road to being a regular healthy young man, Jason Campbell heard about this and spent the day with him, took him to McDonalds, and tossed the football around. Not too shabby.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Slightly OT, but my brother lives in Northern VA, and his grandson was born with a very rare condition of not having a functioning digestive system and had to wait 6 years until old enough for complete transplant/donor. He always wanted to be normal to just like just eat; go to McDonald's, play football, and meet Jason Campbell who was the 'skins QB then. After extensive surgery and a long road to being a regular healthy young man, Jason Campbell heard about this and spent the day with him, took him to McDonalds, and tossed the football around. Not too shabby.
    That's a great story. Sometimes we need to look beyond the field to judge these guys. I've heard that Campbell was a regular guy and very likable. This story makes me feel even better about him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Sometimes we need to look beyond the field to judge these guys. I've heard that Campbell was a regular guy and very likable.
    Yeah, Campbell's always been a stand-up guy. That's why I could never hate on him even when he played for the despised Deadskins.