Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Has Terell Suggs silenced the critics?

I hope his performance Sunday puts to rest any doubts about whether he would:

a) Show up in shape...

b) Play with intensity and enthusiasm...

and

c) Make plays!!

The kid is a stud and I'm glad to have him in a Ravens uniform because of his versatility and toughness. He's easily my favorite linebacker after #52.

Re: Has Terell Suggs silenced the critics?

Yeah he made me eat my words. And I couldn't be happier.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    My only question is can we keep Suggs and Ray?

Somebody has to go or it will criple our CAP. We won't be able to sign much else.
    Don't forget Bart Scott. I think he's a FA after this year too. There's definitely going to be some tough, and I mean tough decisions to make with regards to the defense next offseason.

I'd rather not think about it now and just try to enjoy the 2008 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Don't forget Bart Scott. I think he's a FA after this year too. There's definitely going to be some tough, and I mean tough decisions to make with regards to the defense next offseason.

I'd rather not think about it now and just try to enjoy the 2008 season.
    Amen to that.

They could keep all 3, but they are going to have to do it Don King style. Breif case full of straight cash homey.

Here's the plan --- Steve B, listening?

Sign Suggs at market price, Sign Bart below market with many incentives/escalators, Sign Ray at vet-minimum but offer him a 10% ownership stake in the team. ;-)

Scott's a goner for sure. He'll go get $40m from someone else after a monster year here, and be an adequate player.

7. Re: Has Terell Suggs silenced the critics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswarrior19 View Post
    Here's the plan --- Steve B, listening?

Sign Suggs at market price, Sign Bart below market with many incentives/escalators, Sign Ray at vet-minimum but offer him a 10% ownership stake in the team. ;-)
    Now that sounds like a hella of a plan! Ray bleeds purple & black and I am sure he wants to stay here but he needs his $$$ just like everyone else. I would love him to stay here retire here and become a coach here. But hey that is JMO!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Scott's a goner for sure. He'll go get $40m from someone else after a monster year here, and be an adequate player.
    I just remember the last time Scott was a free agent. He visited with Cleveland and ended up calling Ozzie from the Browns' complex and worked out a deal with us over the phone for less than the Browns offered. Then he was making fun of the Brownies and their facilities in his Ravens' press conference.

Of course, that was back when Scott was still pretty unknown and was mainly just still a special teams guy and backup. Now he's got a shot at a serious payday, so who knows if he'll be as generous.

I think they need to keep Suggs as priority #1, and Ray should get a fair market deal, but nothing that will cripple the cap for years to come.

I admit I was a trade SUggs guy during hte preseason... I mena I'm still unsure if we will sign him reasonably this offseason so I don't think I was a fool, but he is certainly an asset I never doubted. I still don't think he is worht Jared Allen Money, but we will see.

in answer - NO

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    I just remember the last time Scott was a free agent. He visited with Cleveland and ended up calling Ozzie from the Browns' complex and worked out a deal with us over the phone for less than the Browns offered. Then he was making fun of the Brownies and their facilities in his Ravens' press conference.

Of course, that was back when Scott was still pretty unknown and was mainly just still a special teams guy and backup. Now he's got a shot at a serious payday, so who knows if he'll be as generous.

I think they need to keep Suggs as priority #1, and Ray should get a fair market deal, but nothing that will cripple the cap for years to come.
    Bart is very smart. He knows he will not be a better player in another defense, but he is not going to turn down mad backer cash if they try to back up the brinks truck.
    The Clowns were the team who would offer him the most money last time so he was smart to use them as the leverage for a new deal. I think the Ravens will have to expose both he and Ray to the market again, but I can't see them walking for less than a giant pile o cash more than we offer.

They are REQUIRED to expose Suggs to the market as well.

Remember when everyone on these boards was complaining abotu JJ's contract... 4-6 years at like $3m per year...