Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wink Re: OT: My people need to stop defending Dog Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by copenhaggard View Post
    Mr T, don't even fucking go there and make any type of subtle comparison to that fucking scumbag Vick to myself or other hunters.
    Me? Subtle?

I really don't see much of a difference between Vick and hunters. Nothing personal -- I know that hunters rationalize what they do as somehow noble; however, when all is said and done, hunters & Vick each murder innocent animals for fun.
    Last edited by Mista T; 08-14-2007 at 08:53 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: OT: My people need to stop defending Dog Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I really don't see much of a difference between Vick and hunters. Nothing personal -- I know that hunters rationalize what they do as somehow noble; however, when all is said and done, hunters & Vick each murder innocent animals for fun.
    I'm not a hunter and never will be, but if you read the Vick indictment (or parts of it) I can't see how you cannot see a difference. What they were doing was not simply killing dogs, they were torturing them.

Dude, Mr T. I don't know if you're a hunter, and I don't care. Basically, by grouping the ENTIER hunting community in with Vick is saying hunters kill/torture animals for fun, or because they do not perfrom.

I take a religous attitude when I am hunting. I don't kill for fun. I kill those animals to eat them. I don't tortute them for money. I respect them, as most other hunters do. We are all basically paying homage to the men that kept the human race in existence.

You won't find 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of hunters in America that drown/beat/electrocute their prey.

It's sad how people can be so ignorant about a subject...

Really dude, after reading about how you post about hunters, I COMPLETLELY believe you are out of your leauge here. You really have no idea what you're talking about. Don't even give me that killing innocent animals for fun fucking bullshit, because you're probably eating a steak or hamburger right now. You're going to tell me that couping up a cow in a pen for it's entire life is more humane than going out into the wilderness and beating nature at it's own game? How much $$$$$$$ do we spend feeding cows? How much $$$$$$ do we spend feeding deer??

Don't go out of your element, because you're going to make an ass of yourself.
    Last edited by copenhaggard; 08-14-2007 at 11:22 PM.
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Mercyforanimals.org and chooseveg.com. Those aren't sites with some kind of political agenda are they? The last line on the Mercy for animals site is "The single most powerful action you can take to end such abuse is to adopt a vegetarian diet."

I'm sure abuse of chickens and turkeys does go on, but I do not think it's as widespread as claimed and not the so-called "norm".

Chicken eaters will turn their heads aside and say that, somehow, cruelty to chickens is different than cruelty to dogs.
    It is. Dogs have been domesticated. Man's best friend. Dogs have been elevated to a level above other animals by human culture. We keep them in our homes, live with them, let them sleep in our beds, talk to them like they are human, etc. Not saying cruelty to chickens is right or justifiable, but it's not on the same level as cruelty to a dog.

I didn't see any chickens looking for survivors in the rubble of the WTC ...

It is such a shame that there are people who perpetuate racial unity to serve there own needs, and it leads to situations like this causing people to give up their objectivity and become sheep.

Isn't that how Hitler got the Nazi party into power? What happened to the German people in the end?

People are people, all deserving of the same opportunities and respect. Jerks are jerks no matter what color there skin is.