Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OBJ Vs Norman

OBJ Vs Norman

I'm sure everyone seen these two going at it yesterday.
    I know what OBJ did was wrong but I really think the officials could have stepped in early on and did a better job of preventing this.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this? I only seen clips and didn't watch the game so I'm only going off what I heard on TV and read.

I do love seeing players go at it like this it makes things exciting but the head shot was a little extreme, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: OBJ Vs Norman

The head shot was vicious, but I don't think he was aiming to do that.

Reminded me of Finnegan and Johnson a few years ago.

I dont know, shit like this happens when 2 teams are fired up. OBJ was definitely rattled becuase Norman had him on lock down in the 1st half. Personally, I can't stand OBJ, but that's just me.

Refs definitely should have thrown a flag earlier. Could have gotten really nasty. Imagine that head ot head ended up with a season ending concussion? Luckily it didn't nad hindsight is 20/20. May have been premature to throw a flag. Either way, what a great battle.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I like it. Savages getting at it. Pure sport and emotion. But the PC crowd will complain. One thing though, dude definitely got in odb head!!!

Blog Entries

I posted on another thread after I saw it, that if Beckham was playing Norman coached by Pees there wouldn't have been any tensions because the cushions Pees gives receivers

I saw the whole game. Just a couple minutes into the game OBJ dropped what would've been a 60 yard touchdown. After that he seemed out of it. Then Norman and OBJ started jawing at each other and a little shoving after the play. OBJ lost it from there. He wasn't even running routes anymore. Straight up head hunting. The big helmet to helmet hit was probably the dirtiest play I've ever seen. It was well after the play. Lucky Norman wasn't hurt. OBJ should've been ejected and should be suspended at least one game.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I'm sure everyone seen these two going at it yesterday.
    I know what OBJ did was wrong but I really think the officials could have stepped in early on and did a better job of preventing this.

What's everyone else's thoughts on this? I only seen clips and didn't watch the game so I'm only going off what I heard on TV and read.

I do love seeing players go at it like this it makes things exciting but the head shot was a little extreme, IMO.

It's not Norman's fault that Beckham dropped an easy TD early in the game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's not Norman's fault that Beckham dropped an easy TD early in the game.
    Ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I saw the whole game. Just a couple minutes into the game OBJ dropped what would've been a 60 yard touchdown. After that he seemed out of it. Then Norman and OBJ started jawing at each other and a little shoving after the play. OBJ lost it from there. He wasn't even running routes anymore. Straight up head hunting. The big helmet to helmet hit was probably the dirtiest play I've ever seen. It was well after the play. Lucky Norman wasn't hurt. OBJ should've been ejected and should be suspended at least one game.
    Wonder how many times an offensive player has been called for unnecessary roughness or such?
    OBJ wasn't even near that last play, came back putting a bulls-eye on Norman's ear.

Blog Entries

Now they're blaming it on the Panthers carrying around black bats before the game and allegedly threatened OBJ. I've seen them with those bats before, guess it's a prop they use.

Let them play and if it's dirty, throw the flag. it's football.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Wonder how many times an offensive player has been called for unnecessary roughness or such?
    OBJ wasn't even near that last play, came back putting a bulls-eye on Norman's ear.
    I'm not sure either, and OBJ had 3 unnecessary calls yesterday. It was really hard to watch. OBJ literally stopped playing football and was head hunting on multiple plays. Even Hines Ward never did that.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    The head shot was vicious, but I don't think he was aiming to do that.

Reminded me of Finnegan and Johnson a few years ago.

I dont know, shit like this happens when 2 teams are fired up. OBJ was definitely rattled becuase Norman had him on lock down in the 1st half. Personally, I can't stand OBJ, but that's just me.

Refs definitely should have thrown a flag earlier. Could have gotten really nasty. Imagine that head ot head ended up with a season ending concussion? Luckily it didn't nad hindsight is 20/20. May have been premature to throw a flag. Either way, what a great battle.
    Not a fan of OBJ either and yesterday just cemented the dislike. He is an asshole.

A second-string receiver playing for say the Titans, or I dunno... the Ravens would have been ejected faster than you could blink for that cheap shot.

One rule for the big names, one for everyone else
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"