Page 64 of 333 FirstFirst ... 6263646566 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Minter was all over the place last night. I don't know if there is going to be a tackle in the mid 20s when we pick that will outweigh the need to a Ray Lewis replacement. I think Minter can be that guy, but he definitely isn't a RA RA go get 'em Ray Lewis spark dude, he's a lowkey guy.
    I think Minter would be a good candidate in the 2nd round. Maybe the Ravens try and cast a broader net, trade down again, and pick up guys like Minter and maybe Barrett Jones or Oday Aboushi in the top of the 2nd.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You're probably right in that respect.

I will say... the strength of this draft is on the offensive and defensive lines. I would NOT be surprised to see a HUGE run on the linemen especially DL. There could be maybe as many as 15 or 16 defensive linemen going early. Guys like Margus Hunt, Shariff Floyd, Kawann Short... 2nd rounders right now but they could easily leap up into the 1st.

That could push a lot of prospects at LB, FS, and WR to fall... especially because outside of Manti Te'o there really aren't elite prospects at those 3 positions in this draft. That could help the Ravens.
    You know, I really see Margus Hunt going in the 1st round. Some team is going to look at him and determine that they can coach him up to be a Justin Smith, Calais Campbell, or JPP type of player. He is older, but his athleticism is through the roof.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Aaron Murray could go higher than a lot of us thought if he enters.
    Told you guys he was a good one. If he were 6'4" instead of 6'1" he probably would be in contentions for a top 20 pick.

Who ever gets the number one pick next year will get a hell of palmer in clowney

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Told you guys he was a good one. If he were 6'4" instead of 6'1" he probably would be in contentions for a top 20 pick.
    To me Murray is a project at this point. He makes a lot of bad decisions, his mechanics are less than ideal, and he struggles under pressure. But I've really grown to like him, the kid has great game. He's got the heart of a gunslinger which leads to some of the bad decisions but I don't mind a guy who has faith in himself and his arm. He reminds me of Brett Favre in that respect where he rises to the occasion and makes throws others can't/won't.

I also find myself more and more impressed with his arm strength every time I watch him. I was shocked to see the ball explode out of his hand throwing to the sidelines and the deep seams... with such a compact throwing motion you don't expect that kind of velocity, but he can really sling it when needed and throw with touch when needed.

I think some team is going to get a gem in the 3rd round if he comes out this year.

Looking forward to watching Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater play tonight. I expect Florida to give him fits and I want to see how he handles it.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Looking forward to watching Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater play tonight. I expect Florida to give him fits and I want to see how he handles it.
    Shariff Floyd vs Mario Benavides would be a good match up to keep an eye on.

Also, Jon Bostic, Jelani Jenkins, and Matt Elam are some Florida guys to scope out.

I need to watch Floyd much more but do you think he could handle the NT?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I now he can't come out till next year, but I would pull a Mike Ditka and trade my entire draft for Clowney. Just sayin'

On another note. Wicked (our resident scout) how uneven a match up do you think this game is tonight?

Also, Jon Bostic, Jelani Jenkins, and Matt Elam are some Florida guys to scope out.
    Very interested to see the Floyd vs. Benavides matchup. I like both prospects a ton. I'm not super crazy about the Florida OLBs but they could impress me tonight. Obviously I'm rooting hard for Matt Elam to go to the Ravens, probably in the 1st round. Think he'd be a good successor to Ed Reed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I need to watch Floyd much more but do you think he could handle the NT?
    I don't want to speak for Wicked who is better at this than I am, but from what I have seen of Floyd I see him more as a 3-technique 4-3 "under" tackle. Florida used him at defensive end some last year I believe and he has a great first step and a lot of good pass rush moves. He played better at tackle than end. I think he'd be a great fit as a one-gap 3-tech in an under front.

I've always been a huge fan of the 4-3 under. I'd like to see the Ravens move to more of that look next year... Ngata is a great fit as a 4-3 nose, and Art Jones would make a nice under/one gap DT. With the way the NFL has slanted toward the pass you can never get enough pass rush and the 4-3 under gives you more of that particularly up the middle.

Blog Entries

If you watched the Outback Bowl, Clowney wouldn't have had a chance for that huge hit/strip that turned the game without the officials completely blowing the measurement. Anyone else see that? WTF?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    If you watched the Outback Bowl, Clowney wouldn't have had a chance for that huge hit/strip that turned the game without the officials completely blowing the measurement. Anyone else see that? WTF?
    That was unreal. How is that call even possible?