Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens Report Card???

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I also have to ask based on what info? He's been silent to the media, and so have the Ravens on him.
    Feel free to email some of the guys in the press, if you'd like.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    My view of this game was that it was a decent gameplan spoiled by receivers who dropped balls, a left tackle who couldn't stop anyone, a quarterback who seems to have lost his way this season, and a general lack of intensity facing a wounded rival whose backs were against the wall.
    Good point. I agree completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Frankly, if I'm grading Harbaugh, Pees, and Cam, Cam gets the best grade of the bunch. Why is no one concerned that for 12 weeks now the defensive secondary can't all get on the same page and receivers are constantly open in the middle of the field?

Let's not be afraid to place blame on players when it's the players who are failing to perform.
    Also good points. I dunno if I can blame Pees completely with the 3rd and 4th stringers (not to mention guys from the PS) that we're running out there right now. The defense gave us 270 total yards in the 2nd half alone, and should've given up a lot more than the 90 that they did in the first half. If Flacco had the lack of pressure and wide open receivers that Batch did, he'd have hung 400+ yds passing on the Steelers.

As for the o-line, they've got issues, but I don't think McKinnie is the answer. KO I think is okay. Really they need a new C (who knows if Gradkowski can step up next year), and I'd like to see them try to find a LT this offseason and move Oher to LG. But for now, I think they're stuck with what they've got. A lot of ppl worried about the o-line before the season, and it seems to have come to fruition.

One thing that does frustrate me, and I put this more on Flacco than Cam, is the continuous forcing of balls down the field. I don't mind them taking some shots, hell, I like it. But when things are sputtering, and you're forcing it downfield into double and triple coverage every 2-3 plays, that's an issue. Not only do you risk INT's, but it contributes greatly to those 3 and outs that seem to plague the offense. If the deep route is double or triple covered, then someone has to be open underneath, whether it's a dump off to RR, a TE, or the other WR on a shorter route or going deep across the field. Ppl like to rip Cam for that, but the QB has his progressions, and it's on him to throw it to the open guy.
    Last edited by esmd; 12-04-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Feel free to email some of the guys in the press, if you'd like.
    sure thing. I'll get Mike Preston online.

this is the same press by the way I read and hear also saying that this is not the best offense line on the field and why isn't Bryant McKinnie out there.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I dunno if I can blame Pees completely with the 3rd and 4th stringers (not to mention guys from the PS) that we're running out there right now.
    Hmm. Good point. I should take into consideration how many players down they've been. Although, the communication issues have really been there from day one, back when only Suggs was missing (well, and JJ and Redding if you count them).

As for the o-line, they've got issues, but I don't think McKinnie is the answer. KO I think is okay. Really they need a new C (who knows if Gradkowski can step up next year), and I'd like to see them try to find a LT this offseason and move Oher to LG. But for now, I think they're stuck with what they've got. A lot of ppl worried about the o-line before the season, and it seems to have come to fruition.
    McKinnie is clearly not the answer, I agree there. Birk has played better this year than last. But I worry about expecting much from Gradkowsi. Grubbs now looks like a big loss to me. Osemele is way ahead of projection and Oher way behind. I think the line is okay. You can win with them if all else is working.

One thing that does frustrate me, and I put this more on Flacco than Cam, is the continuous forcing of balls down the field. I don't mind them taking some shots, hell, I like it. But when things are sputtering, and you're forcing it downfield into double and triple coverage every 2-3 plays, that's an issue. Not only do you risk INT's, but it contributes greatly to those 3 and outs that seem to plague the offense. If the deep route is double or triple covered, then someone has to be open underneath, whether it's a dump off to RR, a TE, or the other WR on a shorter route or going deep across the field. Ppl like to rip Cam for that, but the QB has his progressions, and it's on him to throw it to the open guy.
    I can't argue with this too much. It's Cam's philosophy and why they liked Flacco to begin with...the deep ball. On the plus side Flacco has avoided too many INTs for a team that does force it deep a lot. On the minus side I do feel like they limit their options when they try to balance the need to avoid INTs with the desire to throw deep with the desire to use Rice/Leach and the TE. I wish Cam's offense had more of a profile that made sense. Too clever for his own good.

sure thing. I'll get Mike Preston online.

this is the same press by the way I read and hear also saying that this is not the best offense line on the field and why isn't Bryant McKinnie out there.

As my PM to you said, it's from guys that are far more reputable that Preston.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 12-04-2012 at 08:09 PM.

As my PM to you said, it's from guys that are far more reputable that Preston.
    Well, in this case listening to the radio and reading the newspaper, your PM information isn't "iron clad" afaiac.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Well, in this case listening to the radio and reading the newspaper, your PM information isn't "iron clad" afaiac.
    Your prerogative............

Your prerogative............
    As is yours my friend. But let me ask you the question, media aside. Do you as a watching fan believe we have the best 5 people starting on the line?

As is yours my friend. But let me ask you the question, media aside. Do you as a watching fan believe we have the best 5 people starting on the line?

The WITH McKinney was not very great last year. And that was with a Pro Bowl LG who is no longer on the roster. The dude's effort when he IS on the field is clearly lacking. Everyone can see he is whiffing on blocks. So why is it so hard to believe that his effort on the practice field is also lacking?

The bottom line is this.

Is KO a better left guard than Jah Reid? Obviously this is speculation but judging from his performance at RT I think he could go a good job at LG.

Is Oher a better LT than KO? After seeing KO whiff on a couple guys in the last few games I think it's safe to say that Michael Oher is a little better at that position.

Is McKinnie better than Oher at LT? As a pass blocker, no doubt. As a run blocker, not at all. But if we're gonna keep passing way more than we run than I think McKinnie is a better option at LT.

Now this doesn't account for the logistics of practicing all the position changes and learning the assignments but from a skill standpoint I think that's the best line up.

If McKinnie was in shape "enough" and motivated "enough" as he was last year, then he should be starting.

If he's not, then I would say, yes we are.

If McKinnie was in shape "enough" and motivated "enough" as he was last year, then he should be starting.

If he's not, then I would say, yes we are.
    I'm not speaking in hypothetical "ifs" though. I absolutely do not believe that the best offensive line we can have out there to protect Joe Flacco has Michael Oher at LT, Jah Reid at LG, and KO at RT.

So we are simply on different ends of this one.