Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Whitney houston passes away

I hardly consider this a tragedy. 9/11 was a tragedy. Presidential assinations are a tragedy. People being killed by drunk drivers are tragedies.

Whitney was an amazing talent who made some bad choices and became addicted to drugs. She had all the money and resources in the world to get better but it was always clear from her responses that she was in denial. She made a lot of bad choices, like Bobby Brown, for instance. Addiction can be a tough thing, and I'm not minimizing people that have, or have had them in the past, but I can't feel sorry for her.

Now she just joins a long list of celebratards that died to young because of their lifestyle choices.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    I hardly consider this a tragedy. 9/11 was a tragedy. Presidential assinations are a tragedy. People being killed by drunk drivers are tragedies.

Whitney was an amazing talent who made some bad choices and became addicted to drugs. She had all the money and resources in the world to get better but it was always clear from her responses that she was in denial. She made a lot of bad choices, like Bobby Brown, for instance. Addiction can be a tough thing, and I'm not minimizing people that have, or have had them in the past, but I can't feel sorry for her.

Now she just joins a long list of celebratards that died to young because of their lifestyle choices.
    No no no no you are completely wrong. 9/11 was not a tragedy. Neither were any of the presidential assassinations. And people senselessly killed by drunk drivers certainly aren't tragedies!

Stories like Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse fit the description of a tragedy. We could all see their deaths coming. They were once great buggy had that one fatal flaw that eventually destroyed everything.

(a tragedy is when someone's death was inevitable because of one fatal flaw. All of the things you mentioned are the complete opposite of a tragedy. They are just disgusting and senseless tragic events.)

Well you aren't wrong because the things you mentioned are tragedies just not the type of tragedy that people on this thread meant when they said it.
    Last edited by PurpleApocalypse37; 02-12-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Americanmade2012 Guest

so if a family member had an addiction you wold not try ot help them? and if they died from it you would not show up to the funeral? come on IT IS STILL SAD to anyone who has a soul you would not want it to happen to your family and then hear someone tell you I dont feel sorry for your mom,dad etc. because she was a druggie that is just disrespectful. I prayer for her family and friends that they have the strength to carry on.

Blog Entries

I'm just shocked. I have all her songs and loved her. The BODY GUARD
    was a great flick.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    The best rendition of our National Anthem ever! So sad.... R.I.P Whitney!
    No doubt:word

COMPLETELY messed up my night yesterday. It's crazy how someone dying can touch you. I wasn't even a big fan of hers but something about how tragic it was, really got to me. I hope that Whitney finds the peace in the afterlife, that she couldn't attain in this life.

Blog Entries

So you didn't feel bad for Ed Reed and his family when his brother, Brian, died. Brian by all accounts was running from the police after getting himself into some trouble. Its like saying they deserved to die because of the lifestyle they lived.

Feeling bad for Whitney Houston won't do her any good but I do feel bad for her children and her family.

Blog Entries

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    No no no no you are completely wrong. 9/11 was not a tragedy. Neither were any of the presidential assassinations. And people senselessly killed by drunk drivers certainly aren't tragedies!

Stories like Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse fit the description of a tragedy. We could all see their deaths coming. They were once great buggy had that one fatal flaw that eventually destroyed everything.

(a tragedy is when someone's death was inevitable because of one fatal flaw. All of the things you mentioned are the complete opposite of a tragedy. They are just disgusting and senseless tragic events.)

Well you aren't wrong because the things you mentioned are tragedies just not the type of tragedy that people on this thread meant when they said it.
    Just wanted to point out that a tragic event pretty much is the definition of a tragedy.