Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great Mike Silver/Yahoo article on Resilient Ravens

On Sunday, for the second consecutive year, the Ravens’ potential road to the Super Bowl must go through Foxborough. Clearly, the distasteful feeling they experienced there last January was a driving force in launching their return trip.

“Yeah, definitely, it’s something that drove me all offseason,” Boldin says. “When you lose like that, it’s gut-wrenching, heartbreaking and tough to get over.

But when you suffer a loss like that and get back up and have the courage to fight again, it’s really powerful.

“To be on the type of team we have, with guys who will sacrifice everything to try to accomplish something, it’s amazing. You don’t always have that kind of group, and when you do, you try to take advantage of what you have.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ba...medium=twitter
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Great Mike Silver/Yahoo article on Resilient Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    What a great summary of how resilient this team has been. These guys make me proud, win or lose. Let's finish it this Sunday which can't come soone enough!

Thanks Brian....I love Mike Silver's writing (check out his article from the ATL/SEA playoff game and Tony Gonzalez finally winning a playoff game, for instance).

As fans of the Ravens, we are aware of everything in this article (and more, such as the death of Art Modell, for instance), but it is nice to see it summarized from an outsider's point of view and perspective. >>>(warning: Baltimore chip-on-shoulder-alert)<<<And I wonder why we don't see more articles like it. I can't help but think something like this would be reported ad naseum if this team was in New York, Boston, Dallas, Chicago, etc...

Yes, all teams go through adversity (the Packers defense the year they won the SB, the Patriots and the loss of Gronkowski, etc.)...but that is just the thing, I know about those teams because it was widely reported.

With the Ravens, the main story lines seem to be Ray Lewis' retirement (coupled with an "aging" Ravens defense) and can Flacco claim "elite" status as a NFL QB (or as Sports Illustrated put it ridiculously, can he "rewrite" his legacy....rewrite it to/from what exactly? From a playoff winning QB to a.....playoff winning QB?)

Sorry for the rant...been doing a lot of that lately...

Blog Entries

Boldin's attitude is great. He's going to play angry and I think have a huge game.

iggyman555 Guest

gotta mention the comeback of big mac!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Boldin's attitude is great. He's going to play angry and I think have a huge game.
    Yeah, I think we may see some guys really playing BIG. Boldin is one of them.

Reading this article, I get the feeling that we are in the middle of a Super Bowl run. This team refused to die on Saturday, and hearing their words in the quotes... it's just not as surprising that they were able to collectively will a miracle to happen. And it's not even the first time they've done it this year. They never gave up in San Diego, even when it was all but over. This team will not die. They won't lose, unless someone matches their will, and their level of play. I don't think there is a team left that can do it.

I hope I'm right!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He's actually going to be the key to this game in my opinion. I expect the Pats to play alot of 2 deep zone coverages and I really think the middle of the field will be riped for the picking.

The quotes from Q and Suggs let you know how hungry they are. Players from last year have thought about the loss everyday and they're going to empty the tank on Sunday. Contrast that with Brady's post game, "I'm tired and ready to go home" and a team that's been in half of the Super Bowls over the past ten years and you can see which group wants it more. (Although that's not enough to win the game in itself, it doesn't hurt to have that little extra something in a matchup as tight as this one).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shambla View Post
    The quotes from Q and Suggs let you know how hungry they are. Players from last year have thought about the loss everyday and they're going to empty the tank on Sunday. Contrast that with Brady's post game, "I'm tired and ready to go home" and a team that's been in half of the Super Bowls over the past ten years and you can see which group wants it more. (Although that's not enough to win the game in itself, it doesn't hurt to have that little extra something in a matchup as tight as this one).
    The Ravens want it so bad. You better believe they are going to show up in Foxboro Sunday and leave it all on the field. They aren't going without a fight.

I remember seeing the Bills smash the Raiders 51-3 in the AFCCG back in '91. My father felt the game was less on account of the lack of competitiveness. I, even then, enjoyed a nice beat-down. I smell another and I'd love to watch it if it happens. Probably wishful thinking but we're living wishful thinking according to a lot of people already...

Most talking heads had the Ravens finished against the colts, then the broncos and now the pats. Ravens are similiar to the energizer bunny, keeps going and going.