Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trade Ray Rice?

Blog Entries

Re: Trade Ray Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by Thyrl View Post
    It's really not that simple. When a team is winning they run the ball more. That's not necessarily the reason why they're winning. When teams are losing they throw more so quarterbacks will throw much more in losses.

It's like saying teams that run the victory formation in the 4th quarter always win. So why not just come out and run the victory formation in the 4th quarter?
    The stat geniuses always seem to have a hard time understanding that.

Running the football is important, still, in the NFL. It doesn't really matter if it's Rice or Pierce, as long as it's effective. It's good to have two different backs with different running styles, and the two of them give us that.

Rice is a big weapon though, including receiving out of the backfield. Getting him 20+ touches is a good goal going into a game, because he's a threat to break a big play every time he touches the ball.

Trading Rice seems foolish to me, though. He's in the prime of his career, and he's usually around 2000 yards from scrimmage every year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Apart from webb. I actually think KO has a shot too.
    *smh* ...this was Webby's year man.

He did it once, but here's hoping he has the dedication and genes of Adrian Peterson.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

3. Re: Trade Ray Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post

Rice is a big weapon though, including receiving out of the backfield. Getting him 20+ touches is a good goal going into a game, because he's a threat to break a big play every time he touches the ball.
    There you hit it. The big plays are what's missing this year. Rice has 230 carries and only 5 of 20 or more yards. That's 1 big play every 46 carries. Add 5 more on 55 catches and it's 1 big play every 11 catches.

Clearly a lot of things have to go right for big plays to happen, but more of these means more points and more opportunities to salt away games late by running. Figure out what's stopping the long runs and you'll figure out how to fix the Ravens offense (which coincidentally takes more pressure off the quarterback, makes the play action more effective and keeps the defense off the field more...win, win, win, win, win)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Apart from webb. I actually think KO has a shot too.
    Webb has now had 2 season ending injuries in 4 years. Way too early to make any decision on KO. Based on what we know now no pick since Rice has been close to as good as Rice.

I'd trade him for a high first rounder and draft a damn LT. He looked listless last week and may not be happy with the inconsistency in the play calling here.

Blog Entries

Once again Ray Rice shows that he's a top player in the NFL. It's insane to even consider moving him. Glad the Ravens would never do this

This thread started out as silly and now looks outright absurd.

OP is absurd.