Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: This made me so mad

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    The comment about the defense regressing just shows that he has done zero research to back up is pre-conceived notions
    Are you suggesting this defense hasn't regressed?

Going from the tops of the league last year to the near bottom is certainly regression. Not sure how you can fault him there.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Going from the tops of the league last year to the near bottom is certainly regression. Not sure how you can fault him there.
    I agree the Ravens defense is not as good as last year's. That is not what he said. Here was his quote:

The Ravens' defense has not been the same sans injured players Lardarius Webb and Ray Lewis.
    Do you agree with that?

EDIT: And to be clear. I think the pass defense would be MUCH better with Webb playing. But I think with the return of Suggs, and Pees getting on the same page with his players and vice versa, that the overall defense has gotten better since the Dallas game (when Lewis and Webb got hurt).

Blog Entries

You obviously didn't read the article. He said since Webb and Ray have been out, when its completely the other way round.

Blog Entries

He specifically said after losing Ray and Webb. Not this year.

he Ravens' defense has not been the same sans injured players Lardarius Webb and Ray Lewis

[QUOTE=leachisabeast;524502]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ant-be-trusted

Never liked Adam Shein, he seems to really dislike the Ravens.

Surprising considering his wifes a Baltimore Gal and Ravens fan.

Just looking for a little clarification folks. Gees.

Thanks JBK.

If anything Flacco has proven time and time again that we can trust him.
    Any QB that can match Ben and Brady multiple times can be trusted to win the big games.
    360 tag: Ahhhhhhhhnold

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    "Flacco was average at best (completing 30 of 51 passes for 355 yards and one touchdown) in Sunday's squeaker of a win over the San Diego Chargers"

I totally disagree with this statement - where is he coming from based on the stats alone?! Not to mention the fact that Joe delivered time and again down the stretch when the Ravens needed to keep moving the chains. No, this guy's comments are way off base, imho!
    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    If that was a Tom Brady stat line you would never hear it called "average at best".
    Pretty much what I was talking about in the other thread. If that game played out exactly as it did for a QB like Ben or Brady or Rodgers or Brees, there would be no mention of "average" or that the QB didn't play well early, it would just be about the "miraculous" comback engineered by said QB.

But, with Flacco, it's different.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Schein does like the Ravens but he has always felt that Flacco is holding us back from a Super Bowl. He's been talking up Rice since the Rutgers days. He's always said great things about Ray and Reed. It's Flacco he has an issue with, not the Ravens.
    Yup I heard him talking about it yesterday; basically saying the same thing and that it's the worse 9-2 team ever. But he loves Rice and thinks he is the reason the Ravens win games. You could make that argument...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Schein does like the Ravens but he has always felt that Flacco is holding us back from a Super Bowl. He's been talking up Rice since the Rutgers days. He's always said great things about Ray and Reed. It's Flacco he has an issue with, not the Ravens.
    Yeah I wish Flacco wouldn't have dropped that sure touchdown in the endzone of the AFC Championship or missed that chipshot fieldgoal to at least tie it. What a bum.

From week to week, I don't trust Joe Flacco either. If by trust you mean have confidence that he will go out and be a great fantasy QB and throw 325/3TD/0Int. He has a lot of up and down games and that is neither a revelation nor a particularly interesting thing to write about at this point in time.

But you know when I do trust Joe Flacco? When the game is on the line, there is 3 minutes left and the Ravens need to score to win. More often than not he finds a way. He did last week against San Diego. Haters are the ones who complain that he checked down on 4th and 29 even though Rice converted. They would have hated if Rice came up short. They would have hated if Flacco through an incomplete pass into triple coverage. They would have called it lucky if he completed the pass and converted. Joe made a decision that instead of trying to force something that wasn't there, he would take his chances by getting the best open field runner in the NFL the ball uncovered in the open field. It was lucky as hell but I am glad he did that instead of trying to go down field on a lower percentage play. Joe found a way because that is what he does.

That's fine. But there are probably better ways to make his point than to call a 355 yard game "average at best" and to call an improving defense "regressive". That is just lazy writing, imo...