Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast

Re: Bull sh$$t

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I think that it has more to do with the Ravens decimation of the starting team in the offseason. Just like the 2013 SB odds dropping from 18:1 to 30:1, plus all the condemnation by national sports media and even the bitching & disgust by Ravens fans (like myself), the national perception is coming in that the Ravens will be a rebuilding team in 2013, not a headlining contender. Ravens have also been an ugly duckling at the national level since they moved here.

I would not be surprised that behind-the-scenes pressure from NBC to NFL that the TNF game would be a clunker, so let's go invent the excuse about Rosh Hashana to justify getting rid of the Ravens

I think you may have been skipping your paranoia pills

Re: Openning Game 2013 Season in limbo

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    We'll open on the road. Had a feeling we'd get screwed just like how the league inexplicably didn't give us the MNF home opener in 2001.
    And, we, the Bmore fanbase, led by the mildmannered Biscuit, just bends over and says AHHHH! Geez, I just love this city!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Re: Openning Game 2013 Season Now an Away Game (Merged)

Hey guys,

I just left the following message for Goodell on the 212-450-2027 line:

Yes, good afternoon, I would like to leave a message for Commissioner Goodell regarding his abhorrent handling of the opening night game for the 2013 NFL season.

The blatant disregard for the good citizens and fans of Baltimore by his refusal to be flexible on the opening day of the season is underscored only by his transparent and sickening greed. Mr. Goodell states that the NFL is unable to begin the season on Wednesday, September 4th due to the Jewish Holiday of Rosh Hashana. Well then, please explain to me why the Broncos hosted the Falcons on Monday September 17th, 2012 – the first day of Rosh Hashana.

The Baltimore Ravens were slighted after their first SuperBowl victory as Commissioner Tagliabue thought the opening of Mile High Stadium was a more momentous occasion than celebrating one of the greatest defenses of all time. Today, Mr. Goodell is taking a page out of Tagliabue’s book and force feeding us this tripe about Holiday conflict when we know it’s really about ratings and that pompous owner up in Foxboro.

Mr. Goodell, you were an old Colts fan, and the way you have followed your predecessor by thumbing your nose at the people of Baltimore and fans of the Ravens is disgraceful. Play the game on Tuesday or Wednesday, ratings be damned, and allow the men and women, many of whom you rubbed elbows with at Colt games, to celebrate our second championship in 13 years.

Good day.

Re: Bull sh$$t

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I would not be surprised that behind-the-scenes pressure from NBC to NFL that the TNF game would be a clunker, so let's go invent the excuse about Rosh Hashana to justify getting rid of the Ravens
    Interesting perspective, T....makes alot of sense!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 7m

#Orioles apparently agreed to move up the game up from 7:05 to 4. You could see why that wouldn't work w/ FB game starting at 8:30/9
    Wow..what a gracious offer! 4pm..

I think the NFL has a lot of blame in this, but how in the hell was a 4pm start gonna help anything?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's not what I was getting at.

Yes, they were involved and in discussions, but once the decision was made public, the media reports appeared, IMO, that the Orioles made the final call.
    Yea the media reports that have been coming out have all pointed to the Orioles as the ones who had the final say in whatever was going to happen. Not blaming them entirely, but to just blame the NFL and make it seem as if the O's organization was an innocent little lamb is a bit false IMO.

Blog Entries

Why don't we just let the Broncos play the Pats or something on Thursday night, and open up Sunday night against the Steelers?

Re: Openning Game 2013 Season in limbo

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    And, we, the Bmore fanbase, led by the mildmannered Biscuit, just bends over and says AHHHH! Geez, I just love this city!
    Dude, give over because you're being ridiculous. 'Mild manners' had nothing to do with this. What's Biscotti supposed to do, tell the networks, the MLB and the NFL to shove it? Sure, there wouldn't be AAAAAAAANY reprecussions from that right? Gimme a break. If there's anybody who isn't at fault here, it's Biscotti.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Why don't we just let the Broncos play the Pats or something on Thursday night, and open up Sunday night against the Steelers?
    The O's play the Sox at 1:35 on Sunday, so it would be the same "problem"

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    The O's play the Sox at 1:35 on Sunday, so it would be the same "problem"
    and how about Monday night?

It would have to be on the road. O's play all weekend.

and how about Monday night?
    And then have a short week to open the season? No thanks.

Of all the bad options, opening on the road on Thursday is the least bad of them.