Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: OT: Titus Young

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Who keeps an unloaded rifle under their bed?!?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who keeps an unloaded rifle under their bed?!?!
    I have an unloaded Glock 9mm under my bed but its pretty easy to pop the clip in. :)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I have an unloaded Glock 9mm under my bed but its pretty easy to pop the clip in. :)
    To each their own I suppose.

Do you keep your car on E with gas cans next to it? ;)

Re: OT: Titus Young

After reading some more stuff on this and an interview with his father.... sounds like this is much deeper and complicated than him being a stupid idiot, throwing his talent away. Like Ravenswintitle said, there may be drugs involved. He missed checking into an institution for help. Sounds like mental illness as well. He has been prescribed an anti-psychotic drug, and his father said he hasn't taken it consistently. I hope he get's his life together before he ends up dead. You also have to wonder about repeated head injury. I'm not making excuses or placing blame on anyone other than him, but it is a reality.

What's odd to me is that a buddy of mine went to Lions camp a couple summers ago and posted some great photos of Young. He looked so happy and was so good to the kids. He went so far beyond the autograph, he was running around with the kids, playing catch with them, etc. Seemed to be loving it as much as the kids.

On a side note, did anyone watch the Todd Morinavich special on ESPN last night? That was interesting, sad, and eye opening. We love to hate on and demonize these guys that struggle and fail (i.e. Ryan Leaf...) but usually their issues are much deeper than being arrogant assholes, throwing their life away.

If you want even more insight into drug addiction, watch the ESPN special about Chris Herren. That is just mind blowing...
    Last edited by MinnesotaRaven; 05-14-2013 at 11:01 AM.

He could be a manic. Add some genetic disposition to a mental disease and take drugs and that's trouble. If he was sabotaging plays regularly then idk what to think. In the end he has to explain something or he is facing some serious life shit right now hah.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...index.html#all
    Peter King's MMQB has a section in the middle on TY and blasts the Lions for drafting him so high

when you pick a player 44th overall, you've done significant work on him, and you should know of the problems that could surface later on. Character problems, maturity issues. Those are flaws we in the media can't know nearly as well as the teams. The Lions, I'm betting, knew what a risk Young might be.

Thank goodness (and Ozzie) we didn't get stuck with this guy. I feel bad for him, I feel contempt for him.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    He could be a manic.
    There is quite a good bit of speculation that the guy has a serious mental disorder and needs meds. Bipolar or schizophrenia is nothing to play with. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...-help-dad-says

Crappy situation for the young fella. Maybe he can make his way back in a few years.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Crappy situation for the young fella. Maybe he can make his way back in a few years.
    I really doubt he'll ever play in the NFL. From MMQB:

In the last year, Young:
    • Got into a fight with teammate and safety Louis Delmas.
    • In at least one game, lined up wrong on purpose multiple times because he wasn't happy with his role in the Detroit offense.
    • Shouted at receivers coach Shawn Jefferson on the sidelines.
    • Was sent home during the regular season for insubordination.
    • Was cut by the Lions.
    • Was signed by the Rams, then cut by the Rams eight days later.
    • Was stopped in California for making an illegal left turn, charged on suspicion of DUI, and arrested hours later for attempting to steal his own car from a police impounding lot.
    • Was arrested for suspected burglary, and charged with resisting arrest and assault on a peace officer.
    So you're saying there's still a chance he turns his career around.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2TJaRWnrp

In the last year, Young:
    • Got into a fight with teammate and safety Louis Delmas.
    • In at least one game, lined up wrong on purpose multiple times because he wasn't happy with his role in the Detroit offense.
    • Shouted at receivers coach Shawn Jefferson on the sidelines.
    • Was sent home during the regular season for insubordination.
    • Was cut by the Lions.
    • Was signed by the Rams, then cut by the Rams eight days later.
    • Was stopped in California for making an illegal left turn, charged on suspicion of DUI, and arrested hours later for attempting to steal his own car from a police impounding lot.
    • Was arrested for suspected burglary, and charged with resisting arrest and assault on a peace officer.
    A lot of those actions can be associated with either undiagnosed or untreated bipolar disease. That's not necessarily the issue, but it would explain an awful lot of this mysterious behavior.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    A lot of those actions can be associated with either undiagnosed or untreated bipolar disease. That's not necessarily the issue, but it would explain an awful lot of this mysterious behavior.
    The NFL moves fast though. Every year, there are hundreds of new college athletes coming out. Even if Young is talented, teams won't want to risk having a cancer on a team. I just think he'll be blacklisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The NFL moves fast though. Every year, there are hundreds of new college athletes coming out. Even if Young is talented, teams won't want to risk having a cancer on a team. I just think he'll be blacklisted.
    Oh, I think he's done as an NFL player. I just hope he can be repaired as a human being. I could be wrong, but this seems to be a lot more than just a dude with a bad attitude.