Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Titus Young

Blog Entries

Re: OT: Titus Young

Deadspin has a great story up about Young falling asleep in an AT&T store:

http://deadspin.com/titus-young-will...tore-496122722

Pretty sure this dude needs professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Rolando McClain has been a bit of a shithead off the field, but I don't think he's close to a bad team mate that Young is. I've never heard of McClain causing any locker room issues, its just off the field stuff that is concerning, but tbh the only real serious incident was when he pointed a gun at someone at a bar. Btw, both our premium pass rushers (Doom and Suggs) have done similar things in the past so its not like their angels either.

Titus Young is on another level.
    McClain was kicked off the team last year and admitted "checking out" on his coaches and teammates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Yeah because thats as bad as punching someone in the face?

Oakland were pretty horrible in 2012, and he was benched for someone who played much MUCH worse when he came on.

Oakland were pretty horrible in 2012, and he was benched for someone who played much MUCH worse when he came on.
    When I played football, or any sport for that matter, I'd much rather get punched in the face and fight with than having that person quit on the team when times got tough...especially if his replacement stinks.

Is Young way out there? Yes and I agree that he has some severe mental issues that I don't think McClain has, but they both quit on their teams and were kicked off the team during the season...bad stuff.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

You said he wasn't a problem in the locker room and RiW gave you a perfect example of how he was a locker room mess.

And since we're doing a comparison, yes, giving up on your team is every but as bad as punching someone in the face in terms of being a head case in the NFL.

Blog Entries

.... but its Oakland.

.... but its Oakland.
    I played on a Lacrosse team that went 0-9. We were pathetic.

It didn't even occur to me to quit on my team. Point is, a true test of character is how someone reacts when the chips are down. McClain decided he was more important than the team.

.... but its Oakland.
    Fully aware.

Shame...wasted talent.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Young goes from idiot to full blown douchebag ...

Young decided to verbally abuse workers at an AT&T store for refusing to let him in then proceeds to take a nap in the middle of the store. Pics are in the article ....

http://deadspin.com/titus-young-will...tore-496122722

Blog Entries

Idk what to say. Will he ever get a shot in the NFL again? He needs serious help.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I played on a Lacrosse team that went 0-9. We were pathetic.
    I once played on a church league basketball team that went 0-16. We had one game where we lost like 49-58 and every other game we lost by double digits, including a few over 30 points. These weren't 89-59 losses like you see when Vermont plays North Carolina in the NCAA tourney. A lot of these games were 68-32 or something like that. I think for the season we averaged right around 40 points per game. I averaged just shy of 24 PPG personally for that season.

There was one game we lost like 60-43 and I had 39 of our 43 points. I had 32 points at halftime and we were winning 33-29. They double teamed me in the second half and we scored 10 whole points. They employed a hack-A-team strategy, basically fouling everyone on the team other than me and forcing us to shoot free throws. I think we were 7-19 from the free throw line in the second half. I was 4-5 and the rest of the team was 3-14 (I remember these details because my younger brother was our statistician....why an 0-16 team needs a statistician I'll never know). For the game, nobody else scored a field goal.

Your lacrosse story prompted me to one-up your story. I don't think anyone quit on that team either, though....although the end result might have looked very similar.

Sorry, tangent over.