Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 95969798 LastLast
Results 1,153 to 1,164 of 1169
    Blog Entries

Re: Update: Ravens have signed Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Root for the laundry, not the player, because they may end up going to another team.
    But in this case, it seems like he might simply be switching allegiances to the Ravens? Hence being given all the Ravens stuff.

In any case, I agree with you, which is why I wouldn't expect my son to have that kind of reaction if Ravens made a similar move. If a guy moves on, we can still like him, but we root for our team. I think it can be both ways though. I imagine this kid will root for Steve Smith with the Ravens...except when they play the Panthers.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

2. Re: Update: Ravens have signed Steve Smith

my parents havetons of footage of my siblings and i throwing temper tantrums and crying over nothing...im sure if they would've had the ability to post the stuff online and share with family and friends in the 80's they would have....whats the big deal?

i can recall some home footage of my dad videoing while continuously knocking over my dominos while i was trying to set up domino rally...and me crying and yelling like a girl over it although i only had like 10 dominos set up each time...

i suppose in this day and age people would want my dad arrested for child endangerment and bullying

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    As is often the case, Spotrac is incorrect.

The $1M is an escalator, not an incentive. As such, it will act to increase his salaries in 2015 and 2016, but has no effect on the 2014 Cap.

As always - sorry, pet peeve of mine - the most accurate Ravens info is right here on THIS site:

http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/

http://russellstreetreport.com/salar...tract-details/
    Amen to that

I was trying to find something before it got posted, my bad I didn't wait for the escalation
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Parents making fun of their own children and exploiting that for their own benefit are pitiful. Mom pulling out a few pictures is a far cry from anticipating your child will be heartbroken over some news, filming the incident for a laugh, and then showing it to millions of strangers. That really borders on cruelty in my opinion. But in a society growing up with Jerry Springer shows, it has unfortunately become the accepted norm.
    Meh, I think it's kind of cute. Maikng something up to deliberately provoke the reaction is cruel, but the genuine emotional reaction of childhood like that is sweet. YMMV.

They are interviewing him on ESPN Radio and he got pulled over while on the radio and said and i quote "I got pulled over cuz you know a guy that looks like me driving the car that I have." lol No filter but funny as hell.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    They are interviewing him on ESPN Radio and he got pulled over while on the radio and said and i quote "I got pulled over cuz you know a guy that looks like me driving the car that I have." lol No filter but funny as hell.
    The audio is on this link: http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...c-d5fb53d0d877

Smith: “Oh. See, you guys got me in trouble. I’m getting pulled over by the police.”
    Host: “Right now? While we are talking to you?”
    Smith: “Yup.”
    Host: “Were you speeding?”
    Smith: “No, I’m not speeding. I guess I’m on my cellphone. … How about I keep you on hold while I go through the procedure?”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pretty interesting...I wonder where he was driving that it happened? Said he didn't get in trouble for being on the cell phone, so my guess is not MD.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That was a good interview that talked a good bit about his past vs where he is now. I think that should turn some opinions about him around.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    That was a good interview that talked a good bit about his past vs where he is now. I think that should turn some opinions about him around.
    It did turn my opinion on him. I've always respected his ability as a player, but the stories about the fights with his teammates and opponents kind of soured me on him. I wasn't 100% anti Ravens signing him, but I didn't really want them to.

He definitely comes across as a much more subdued and intelligent individual in that interview. He makes a good point in it that people only see 2 hours of him on Sundays, maybe 20 minutes of interviews a month and that's not enough to judge a person. And he's absolutely right.

Put me in the camp that Gavin's dad is a douche. It's one thing sharing embarassing videos or pictures with the family. But that's not what he did. He set it up so he could record it, knowing that the news was going to crush his son, and he did it with the intent of sharing it with the entire world. And while I don't know for sure, I would guess he also probably did it with the expectation to "profit" from it with some Smith/Ravens swag and a meeting. Douche move.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Put me in the camp that Gavin's dad is a douche. It's one thing sharing embarassing videos or pictures with the family. But that's not what he did. He set it up so he could record it, knowing that the news was going to crush his son, and he did it with the intent of sharing it with the entire world. And while I don't know for sure, I would guess he also probably did it with the expectation to "profit" from it with some Smith/Ravens swag and a meeting. Douche move.
    :word
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Yeah it was a pretty good interview. By the way he also talks about his wife of 14 years, his son in high school and daughter in 7th grade. I thought I read earlier in this thread that they were expecting their first child but maybe that was a confusion with Torrey.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!