Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    SFiB, if you're looking to endear yourself to a native of the 24x7 boards :), and you are a fantasy expert, feel free to take a look at the thread I posted on the Fantasy Board. That forum doesn't get a lot of action, so I don't think it has any replies yet. I was asking for 2nd opinions on a league format I was considering for a league I run.

If you get around to it great. If not, no sweat.
    We'd love to get the Fantasy board going. Open to suggestions...we can also schedule chats with Fantasy experts...

Let me know!
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Well hopefully all the new blood will get it to critical mass.

<comes in and sits in the back>
    <raises hand>

I'm a sunspot user and have seen it is ruining my life. I have come here for help. :o

:D

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    SFiB, if you're looking to endear yourself to a native of the 24x7 boards :), and you are a fantasy expert, feel free to take a look at the thread I posted on the Fantasy Board. That forum doesn't get a lot of action, so I don't think it has any replies yet. I was asking for 2nd opinions on a league format I was considering for a league I run.

If you get around to it great. If not, no sweat.
    Well I don't consider myself an expert, but I love to play, and I'm sure I'll be on that board a lot over the next few months (awesome that there's a separate forum - SunSpot just had a single thread stickied to the top of the Ravens forum).

Anyway, just gave a response to your thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLSmokey View Post

Dude! I had that with the quickness and you know it!
    Yes, you're right Smokey. :respect

I knew there were a few others who had called it. I don't remember if I confirmed your thoughts or not, but I do know that GOTA and Ravor (and I think sandiegosean all PM'ed me and I told them through that medium.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteelFaninBMore View Post
    Hey guys - thanks to those who sent me PMs and let me know what was going on.

To all who are looking at me right now like an outsider walking into the wrong bar:

I know I'm a black sheep here, but I think most of the former SunSpotters here will vouch for me being a pretty decent guy (well, for a Steelers fan). In the last 3.5 years I've been posting there, we've gotten along pretty well, it's been a lot of fun, and I'd like to be able to keep it going here.

I don't see the world through black and gold glasses - when my team is criticized and it's valid, I'll happily agree. And I won't jump in trying to defend Pittsburgh every time a poster says "Pittsburgh sucks" or "F the Squeelers". And when I do argue on behalf of my team, I'll do it with stats, facts, and logical arguments, not childish taunts and name-calling.

With that said, here's to hoping that the lockout really is close to an end, so we can start looking forward to the season...regardless of what colors we're wearing.
    Don't you threaten us with a good time.

In all seriousness, I'm glad you came over here. We need a good logical Steeler fan to keep us grounded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    We'd love to get the Fantasy board going. Open to suggestions...we can also schedule chats with Fantasy experts...

Let me know!
    That'd be a lot of fun Tony.

Also, I dont know if there are guys interested or not, but when I move back to the MD/Baltimore area (September) I was going to inquire on this board to see if there were any folks interested in forming a 24x7 flag football team or softball team to participate in local leagues.

Finally got registered, things have been pretty busy for me, but looking through this board, great to see where everybody went from RagSpot. Looks like a much better place to be :)

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That'd be a lot of fun Tony.

Also, I dont know if there are guys interested or not, but when I move back to the MD/Baltimore area (September) I was going to inquire on this board to see if there were any folks interested in forming a 24x7 flag football team or softball team to participate in local leagues.
    PM me when ready and I'll try to promote those ideas. Someone just reached out to me on Facebook about a men's only flag team to help them promote the league. They are playing indoors during the summer I believe.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Here I am at a famous school, I'm dressin sharp I'm actin cool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    PM me when ready and I'll try to promote those ideas. Someone just reached out to me on Facebook about a men's only flag team to help them promote the league. They are playing indoors during the summer I believe.
    Awesome.

I think that'd be a lot of fun. I've got a couple of good friends in the are (military @ Meade) who would be interested in that too. So, we'd probably be able to put together a halfway decent team.

Plus, it'd be fun because I played in a league in college - as well as a rugby league - and the competition was heated during the game, but afterwards everyone would go to the local bar of choice for drinks & food.

Sometimes we were fortunate to be able to schedule games for Sunday morning, so when they were over we'd all go to the bar and watch the early games.

I think it would also be a good way to promote the site. We could get 24x7 tee shirts/jersey's made. As weird as it is, I guarantee that there are a lot of football fans in the MD/DC area that have no idea that 24x7 exists.

12. Re: Welcome Sunspot Members

I'm working in Frederick these days, and my work schedule is not too flexible during the week. I am definitely interested if it doesn't conflict with a golf league/group. I played throughout college and was pretty solid.