Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Ben

Blog Entries

Re: Big Ben

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I honestly don't understand the narrow minded comments from people that are so sure that he will play. Yes, there is no question that Jen has had a history of bigging up his injuries, and coming back trying to look tough when it really hasn't been all that serious, but there has also been many times when he has legitimately missed games, especially games the week straight after the game, he missed a few games last year because of the ankle sprain, it's not like he played in all of them. I know people want to assume he'll play because it's the Ravens in prime time, but honestly, a sprained shoulder is a sprained shoulder, not even an idiot would play with a sprained shoulder. Ed Dickson sprained his shoulder and missed the full pre season, and that was only said to be minor (grade 1), nobody even knows what the grade is right now.

There is of course the possibility that it really is't that serious, but by the looks of it, he did fall on his shoulder in an awkward position and it was enough to cause him so sit out for the rest of the game.
    Reverse psychology.

"He'll play (hope I prove myself wrong, but if not I'm not disappointed)"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    No, First off I was joking a little about Leftwitch... But I'm also saying it's not a gimme either. Is that so wrong?
    They could certainly beat us, not saying they can't with Leftwich, but you have to book us as favorites to win it, we've won two on the trot in regular season games at Heinz field, so it's not as if we can't win there or anything.

I would honestly prefer if Roethlisberger plays on Sunday. I get sick of hearing excuses from the Steeler crowd about how they would have won if Ben was playing. While it's tougher on the Ravens defense, it certainly makes the game more interesting and doesn't give the Steeler fan base any excuses if and when the Ravens win. JMO FWIW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Reverse psychology.

"He'll play (hope I prove myself wrong, but if not I'm not disappointed)"
    Haha true.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by palukaraven View Post
    I would honestly prefer if Roethlisberger plays on Sunday. I get sick of hearing excuses from the Steeler crowd about how they would have won if Ben was playing. While it's tougher on the Ravens defense, it certainly makes the game more interesting and doesn't give the Steeler fan base any excuses if and when the Ravens win. JMO FWIW.
    Sorry, but if it gives us a better chance of sweeping the Steelers again, idc who the QB is, they can make all the excuses they want, I will be enjoying watching the wild card teams beat up on each other while I can relax for the week after without having a heart attack watching the Ravens play in Denver or somewhere along those lines.

Meanwhile, Suggs is fuming that he put all this effort into coming back in time for the Steelers games and Ben's ass won't be there.

but you have to book us as favorites to win it, we've won two on the trot in regular season games at Heinz field, so it's not as if we can't win there or anything.
    I agree, but there are a fair amount of people here penciling this in as a sure win.... as if PIT is going to field a D3 college football team. I just have to temper that a little bit.

This also complicates out prep. If the Steelers play this right, we have to split time preparing for Ben and Leftwich... And if Ben does play, we have only prepped 50% for him. That sucks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I agree, but there are a fair amount of people here penciling this in as a sure win.... as if PIT is going to field a D3 college football team. I just have to temper that a little bit.

This also complicates out prep. If the Steelers play this right, we have to split time preparing for Ben and Leftwich... And if Ben does play, we have only prepped 50% for him. That sucks.
    There is no way the coaching staff isn't going to prepare for Jen, all their focus will be on him, they may bring up one or two clips of Leftwich and that's it. It's not as if you have to be preparing for much anyway.

Blog Entries

they may bring up one or two clips of Leftwich and that's it. It's not as if you have to be preparing for much anyway.
    I believe the coaching staff has videos of some statues to prepare for lefty.

There are a lot of injuries a "tough" QB is capable of overcoming, since they don't generally have to run or tackle and you can gameplan to severely minimize how much they could possibly get hit. But an injured throwing shoulder really isn't one of them. You can't switch to throwing with the other hand, and the NFL already requires really high accuracy for even the most routine throws.

If Ben does miss this game, it's all the more important that we take advantage and come away with a win. If we let their running game do what Kansas City and Dallas and Houston were doing to us, with Leftwich at QB, then we'll be squandering a golden opportunity to seize total control of the division.

Hate to see anyone get hurt, even our most hated rivals, but this is a boon for our team, even if Kansas City couldn't finish the job and actually beat them last night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    There are a lot of injuries a "tough" QB is capable of overcoming, since they don't generally have to run or tackle and you can gameplan to severely minimize how much they could possibly get hit. But an injured throwing shoulder really isn't one of them. You can't switch to throwing with the other hand, and the NFL already requires really high accuracy for even the most routine throws.

If Ben does miss this game, it's all the more important that we take advantage and come away with a win. If we let their running game do what Kansas City and Dallas and Houston were doing to us, with Leftwich at QB, then we'll be squandering a golden opportunity to seize total control of the division.

Hate to see anyone get hurt, even our most hated rivals, but this is a boon for our team, even if Kansas City couldn't finish the job and actually beat them last night.
    True, but had KC actually had a decent QB then they likely would have won last night's game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    True, but had KC actually had a decent QB then they likely would have won last night's game.
    It's amazing the lack of arm strength Cassel had last night. It felt like I was watching a college QB try to muscle passes to his receivers on out-routes. He's just not good.