Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DirectTV - Sunday Ticket

I just got DirectTV this week with Sunday Ticket and the "Premier" package and a HD receiver. What exactly is the "Superfan" option for Sunday Ticket to pay another $100? I know it allows you to watch on your computer, which I dont care about. Is it worth getting? Thanks!

2. Re: DirectTV - Sunday Ticket

If you ask nicely, you can get it for free. I did and they added it for nothing cuz i was new.

Its not just for watching online, it offers a few extra channels such as the ability to watch 8 games at once in a split screen, the redzone channel that automatically switched to games in which one teams drives inside the 20, and some others. I think you need to order it to get the games in HD too.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Re: DirectTV - Sunday Ticket

I had it two years ago. It was ok but not worth the price. Besides you're still stuck with watching the Ravens on Low-Def TV if CBS doesn't upgrade their cameras per the NFL Mandate.
    Pffffff! I trust wikipedia more than the NFL. If anyone would know football, it is clearly wikipedia.
    -xmradiodave 9/13/08

At least there's this:

http://www.tvpredictions.com/cbsaudible042407.htm

The NFL In HD: CBS Calls an Audible
    The network was blitzed with complaints with high-def owners.
    By Phillip Swann
    Washington, D.C. (April 24, 2007) -- CBS yesterday revealed that it will double its High-Definition coverage of the National Football League during the 2007 season.

The network aired just three NFL games a week in high-def last season, but CBS spokeswoman Leslie Anne Wade told TVPredictions.com that it will show "up to six games" this fall.
    Then it shows a picture of the Ravens with the caption "The Baltimore Ravens will be seen more often in HD."

w00t

Thanks for the info on Sunday ticket.

If CBS was a person it would deserve to be punched in the face over and over for not showing every single NFL game in HD.

on another note, I just got Directv yesterday, after cancelling comcast. I got sick of the fact that almost 1 in 10 times I actually went downstairs to watch my HD, it was a mess of pixels. Then my box broke all together, and the guy who came out didnt have the right replacement. Next day, he never showed up like he said he would. Next week, the other guy didnt have the right box either. Told me to go to the office and switch it out myself. I cancelled.
    But I'm not too happy with Directv, the color seems washed out. I've adjusted my tv settings, and its helped a little, but everything has a yellow tinge to it. Anyone else have this problem?
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    on another note, I just got Directv yesterday, after cancelling comcast. I got sick of the fact that almost 1 in 10 times I actually went downstairs to watch my HD, it was a mess of pixels. Then my box broke all together, and the guy who came out didnt have the right replacement. Next day, he never showed up like he said he would. Next week, the other guy didnt have the right box either. Told me to go to the office and switch it out myself. I cancelled.
    But I'm not too happy with Directv, the color seems washed out. I've adjusted my tv settings, and its helped a little, but everything has a yellow tinge to it. Anyone else have this problem?
    Boh..keep us aprised of your sit. I'm 99% close to canning Comcrap for DirectTV as well. My problem is I have no alternative high speed internet in the sticks called Westminster. DSL/FIOS is not available. I've only heard good things about DirectTV....so don't scare me now. BTW....I pay about $140/MO for 1 HD box, 1 DVR, 1 ditigal box and HSI from Comcast....no movie stations, etc. Be interested what your bill looks like.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

No yellow tinge here. I've had Directv for 6 years and have moved once during that time, and have always had great customer service and excellent picture quality. Only problem I ever have is at the peak of really bad storms, the satellite gets blocked for 5 or 10 minutes. Longest blockage I can remember is about 30 minutes during Isabel. I was outside enjoying the storm anyhow.

My bill is around $140 a month and I have 3 regular boxes, 1 dvr box, and 1 HD box. I have the Premier package which gives us all the movie channels, a boatload of regional sports channels on top of everything else. It also includes like $5 a month insurance or whatever so that if they have to make a housecall for any reason, it's free. Otherwise it's $70 a pop. I found that out when the roofer moved my dish and they said that wasn't covered because we moved the dish. I guess otherwise I could move my dish every day and they'd have to come out to my house every day for free :)
    Last edited by ChrisQ; 08-23-2007 at 06:58 PM.

well, I've tinkered around a bit and discovered the first problem... My HD box was set to 480i instead of 1080i. What a difference that made. I'll adjust the color to see if its my tv or my signal tonight during the Green Bay game.

We switched 2 years ago, and I hated Direct TV, BUT after we got the HD dish last year a lot of the problems went away. We still lose signal during a heavy storm in the summer but not at all in the winter. I hate not having the local weather channel so I downloaded weather bug for the computer. Sunday Ticket rules! We still have basic cable because my husband's job pays for the cable modem and there is a noticeable decrease in picture quality between comcrap and Direct TV.

Anybody interested in Satellite TV should do themselves a favor and do a google search for "Free-To-Air".

Ravens 2007 Hi-Def schedule so far:

Week 1 - Baltimore @ Cincinatti 7:00 p.m. (ESPN HD)
    Week 2 - N.Y. Jets @ Baltimore, 4:15 p.m. (CBS HD)

Week 9 - Baltimore @ Pittsburgh, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN HD)

Week 13 - New England @ Baltimore, 8:30 p.m. (ESPN HD)
    Last edited by ChrisQ; 08-24-2007 at 09:49 AM.