Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Billick calls out Flacco for comments

I can't find it right now, but I did see a clip other than his official one from Sunday night where he was cut to after a commercial break and broke the play down.

Basically said it could have gone either way.

I am reserving my judgement when the All-22 comes out for this week. I've heard enough people, who are not using emotion, say it was a bad call so maybe I need a fresh look.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree with Billick. It just comes off bad if you are a player saying stuff like that. I agree with Flacco, but the media will take off and run with his comments like they already have.
    This, nobody can tell a grown man what he should and shouldnt say you'd just wish he'd refrain from answering the questions designed to get a rise out of him.

Its funny how noone ever calls out Ray Lewis when he talks about the refs every game. Just a reason to pile on Flacco as usual.

Blog Entries

If these were the regular refs then I could see Billick's point. Unfortunately these guys are clowns. They're have some terrible moments and deserve to be slammed because of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Its funny how noone ever calls out Ray Lewis when he talks about the refs every game. Just a reason to pile on Flacco as usual.
    I don't agree with Ray saying anything either or any player on the Ravens for that matter.

See I don't think Joe should have said anything because I think there is a losing etiquette you follow. But at the same time I'm going to tune out the the media pundits because Ray Lewis pretty much said the same thing and they aren't reporting that. It's all about going after the easy target by singling out Joe.

7. Re: Billick calls out Flacco for comments

whatever the corporate sponsored talking heads of the NFL media say, has to be accurate. It's not like the NFL Network that is owned by THE NFL would try and dodge the egg headed straight for its face because of noticiably poor officiating this week. Nah, that's just Brian Billick whose is probably getting paid close to 7 figures shooting from the hip w/ unscripted stuff not signed off by his bosses.

Gimme a break. The NFL is a multi billion dollar business that is as corporotized as a Walmart or Home Depot. The talking heads are paid (very handsomely) to explain the game in and X's & O's manner all the while promoting what the Owners of the league want.... an obedient group of people that don't question authority and dump money on tickets, psl's, team jerseys, team slippers, and all the garbage you can buy from the team website that has a 110% profit built into it.

Blog Entries

There were several times yesterday where Flacco threw his arms up wanting a flag after a play and I just sat there wishing someone would come and knock him down. Cut that crap out, keep your focus, and play like you can play. Did the officiating suck in just about every game played yesterday? Yes, but every single team in the league has to deal with these officials for the time being.

The Ravens had ample opportunity to put the game away on both sides of the ball and hearing these guys put blame on the officials leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Look at yourself and your 8/26 passing in the second half, Joe.

I'm betting that Joe plays lights out this Sunday Night since that's how things are with him, bad game followed by a good game. He shouldn't have said anything about the refs since it's not his forte to complain about something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    There were several times yesterday where Flacco threw his arms up wanting a flag after a play and I just sat there wishing someone would come and knock him down. Cut that crap out, keep your focus, and play like you can play. Did the officiating suck in just about every game played yesterday? Yes, but every single team in the league has to deal with these officials for the time being.

The Ravens had ample opportunity to put the game away on both sides of the ball and hearing these guys put blame on the officials leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Look at yourself and your 8/26 passing in the second half, Joe.

See that's what kills me. We DID win the game with a td pass. We would have been up 10 points. And what about the 2 illegal contact calls that should have been PI. Those plays lost us about 20 -30 yds of field position.

So when people say the refs didn't cost us, I shake my head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    See that's what kills me. We DID win the game with a td pass. We would have been up 10 points. And what about the 2 illegal contact calls that should have been PI. Those plays lost us about 20 -30 yds of field position.

So when people say the refs didn't cost us, I shake my head.
    What I'm saying is that they could have and should have slammed the door well before that play even had to matter. When you leave it up to the refs, you put yourself in a situation where something like this can happen.

I'm not saying the refs didn't cost us, I agree they were terrible and I also agree that the OPI call was awful, but again, those types of terrible calls/non calls happened all over the league yesterday. 15 teams and their fans are sitting around today with a loss and probably half of them at least are saying the officiating had some kind of role in the outcome.

All I'm saying is that had Flacco completed a few more of those bad misses or Cameron had called a few more runs, or Pees had played aggressive instead of passive, that throw to Jones doesn't have the significance it ended up having. Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but that's how I feel about it.

You can't put yourself in a position to let a call determine the outcome of the game.

Blog Entries

Alternate take:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...k-2/index.html

Whatever, Joe Flacco said the thing that made the most sense Sunday, and the only thing that's regrettable is he was the losing quarterback in Philadelphia, so what he says can be seen as sour grapes. Flacco said of the NFL: "They talk about the integrity of the game, and I think this is along those lines. The fact that we don't have the normal guys out there is pretty crazy.''

The game in Philadelphia showed that.