Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trade Ray Rice?

Blog Entries

Re: Trade Ray Rice?

I'm also not so sure Bernard Pierce could match Rice's productivity, and we are going to have to be a run first team next year. The combination of the two is what's going to drive us forward.

Ray Rice YPC in 2011- 4.7
    Ray Rice YPC in 2012- 4.5

Where is this idea that he can't run effectively behind bad O-lines come from? I don't get it. The only reason that Ray Rice hasn't had a dynamic season is because of his inconsistent use.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm also not so sure Bernard Pierce could match Rice's productivity, and we are going to have to be a run first team next year. The combination of the two is what's going to drive us forward.
    You're probably right, but I want to see Pierce get more time. He seems to get stronger the more carries he gets and his running style is a better fit for the ZBS than Rice's.

Bobby Rainey is also a really, really good player, and should not have gone undrafted. He's on IR right now but he plays a similar game to Ray Rice, and does it pretty well. Gets low and squeezes through the hole, low center of gravity to run through arm tackles, and makes plays in the passing game.

I think you were right all along that this team needs to go run first to take pressure off Flacco and simplify his reads. I'm excited for what our run game can do once we beef up the OL next year.

Blog Entries

"also Atlanta's first- and fourth-round selections in 2012."- Wikipedia

Atlanta are free in 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_NF...t#cite_note-21
    Hmmm, stand corrected. I ot my quote froma different site, and even double checked with a couple mocks and didn't see them having a first. Maybe I'm going crazy I dunno. lol.

In any case I wouldn't want their first anyway which will probably be lower than ours. If you're gonna do something like this you better go get a high draft pick this year and the next to compensate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    You're probably right, but I want to see Pierce get more time. He seems to get stronger the more carries he gets and his running style is a better fit for the ZBS than Rice's.

Bobby Rainey is also a really, really good player, and should not have gone undrafted. He's on IR right now but he plays a similar game to Ray Rice, and does it pretty well. Gets low and squeezes through the hole, low center of gravity to run through arm tackles, and makes plays in the passing game.

I think you were right all along that this team needs to go run first to take pressure off Flacco and simplify his reads. I'm excited for what our run game can do once we beef up the OL next year.
    The Oline is without question number 1 priority this offseason. It will help both the run and passing game. I think the defense will be good again if we get players back healthy and add one or two pieces (ILB, and FS).

Blog Entries

The Oline is without question number 1 priority this offseason. It will help both the run and passing game. I think the defense will be good again if we get players back healthy and add one or two pieces (ILB, and FS).
    I'd say an actual playmaker at both ILB and DE is quite needed. And or NT. Cody was a big fat flop.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    So this is what a 3 game losing streak does to a fan base? Interesting

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Agreed...utterly ridiculous. I think someone's been drinking too much holiday cheer.

Blog Entries
    At this point I think Ozzie should entertain ALL offers for everyone. I mean, a good portion of the board is willing to let the best QB this franchise has ever had walk for nothing...why should Rice be exempt? He hasnt had a good year either...I wonder why...

Oh!!!! The OL isnt very good! Imagine that. ;-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    At this point I think Ozzie should entertain ALL offers for everyone. I mean, a good portion of the board is willing to let the best QB this franchise has ever had walk for nothing...why should Rice be exempt? He hasnt had a good year either...I wonder why...

Oh!!!! The OL isnt very good! Imagine that. ;-)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    You CANNOT compare them. This offense has been centred around Flacco this year, Rice hasn't had 20 carried every game like Flacco has got to throw the ball 40 times a week. Besides, the notion that Rice isn't having a good year is nonsense. 4.5 yards a carry, has over 1k yards, and has over 450 yards receiving. 1.5 yards from scrimmage is nothing laugh at, where as Flacco's numbers for a guy who is looking for top 5 money are laughable.

Rice is the more talented player and the offense should be catered around him not Flacco.

Blog Entries

Why would the Ravens trade Rice AFTER they have signed him to a contract extension with a nice bonus? This isn't Madden.

You CANNOT compare them. This offense has been centred around Flacco this year, Rice hasn't had 20 carried every game like Flacco has got to throw the ball 40 times a week. Besides, the notion that Rice isn't having a good year is nonsense. 4.5 yards a carry, has over 1k yards, and has over 450 yards receiving. 1.5 yards from scrimmage is nothing laugh at, where as Flacco's numbers for a guy who is looking for top 5 money are laughable.

Rice is the more talented player and the offense should be catered around him not Flacco.
    The offense has been centered around Flacco and Ray Rice is not getting the types of touches he usually gets yet...

Besides, the notion that Rice isn't having a good year is nonsense. 4.5 yards a carry, has over 1k yards, and has over 450 yards receiving. 1.5 yards from scrimmage is nothing laugh at,
    How can those two co-exist?

And no thank you to centering the offense around one player, that's partially why were in the situation we're in now.

Make the offense run through Rice, he gets shut down in the run and/or pass (which has definitely happened) now we force Flacco to make for the time spent getting the running game on track.

We center it around Flacco, he gets shut down (which has also definitely happened) then we ask Rice to make up for the time spent trying to bomb the hell out of the defense with 9 routes.

I want a balanced offense that can beat teams in the run or pass not put the shoulders on one guy whose not being helped out by a poor pass and run blocking line.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 12-22-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast

That's the problem. It shouldn't be one or the other we need to be able to cater the offense to everyone. Seems like we are either using one or the other never mix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk