Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The Steelers are Delusional

I think the Steelers were a decent 8-8 team.
    Maybe they should expand the playoffs to half the league and then they can get in almost every year.
    Of course losing 5 of their last 7, knocking them out of the playoffs is hard to conclude they could have won the super bowl...especially when 3 of those losses were to none playoff teams when the division and playoffs were at stake.

I wouldn't expect him to say any different. That being said, I think the Squeelers are looking at a 6 to 8 win season in 2013.

Blog Entries

The Steelers were playing pretty well until Roethlisberger was injured against the Chiefs mid-November. They were 6-3 at that point, and only a game behind the Ravens.

He wasn't the same player coming back from the injury.

The Steelers are a good franchise, one of the best in the league. I'll rule them out of contention when it's proven on the field. Not before then.

Adam Schein takes the Steelers to task:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...unctional-ways
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

Oh, baby, that's gonna leave a mark.

Question is, how many more embarrassing performances will it take for them to drag themselves (dripping & sputtering) out of Denial?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post

lol @ the stiller fans comments. they are all butthurt. i love it

Blog Entries

Ownership made the mistake of stepping in, in an attempt to protect their investment (Ben Roethlisberger). In doing so, they brought in Haley to get back to a rush offense with quicker passes, to protect Roethlisberger. Tomlin didn't want to do it, but the Rooneys forced him. Roethlisberger didn't want to play along and Haley didn't want to yield.

Even still, they had their usual offensive line issues. Ben got hurt anyway and Haley had Mike Wallace running shorter routes to try and force him into the system instead of playing to his strengths.

Wallace didn't handle it well either.

Mendenhall was the one who really couldn't get his shit together. His problems were truly of his own doing, poor performance on the field. He just couldn't be a good teammate and work hard to get back into the mix. He didn't handle it well either.

Woodley apparently began slacking off once he got paid and he couldn't help the team during the season, even if he wanted to (Not saying he slacked on the field, but in preparation to get on the field), because he couldn't get away from these mounting injuries that the front office has come out a declared were likely the result of poor conditioning.

Haley was Haley

That, on top of the team, as Schein put it, living in the past. Everyone else in the division went younger except Pittsburgh. Noooo, they had to bring the same band back together for one last run.

They went ahead and, in my opinion, prematurely paid Brown, who, even though he's a better fit for Haley's system, is now going to get doubled and hasn't shown anything to lead you to believe that he was ready to be the guy last season. Meanwhile, there's no other immediate WR option in sight except the hope that Sanders can develop, while Pittsburgh is still dealing with a serious cap issue.

Oh, by the way, the Bengals finally beat them and the Ravens got over the hump and won the Super Bowl.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

At this point I think it's pretty clear that the Steelers are lousy and delusional and have an outrageous sense of entitlement. They think they *deserve* to be a winning team because they're so used to all the years of the NFL and referees doing what they can to help.

And it continues: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10...weeden-browns/

Ryan Clark is yapping about how the Steelers are still going to make the playoffs, that the AFC north will be easy to win, and how Brandon Weeden stinks.

It will be a long time until the Steelers are good again if they're going to keep having that mindset, that sense of entitlement.

If the Ravens have good play calling (big if), the Ravens will blow them out both games.

Blog Entries

They have won 1 game in like last 10. That win was vs Browns 3rd string rookie making NFL debut. Browns tanked last game for draft pick. Start winning then look at standings.

Big time denial. They are horrible. The Ravens aren't good yet, but they should beat the Steelers by at least 3 games minimum. The Ravens, Bengals and Browns will literally have to shit the bed simultaneously for them to have a shot. I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    They have won 1 game in like last 10. That win was vs Browns 3rd string rookie making NFL debut. Browns tanked last game for draft pick. Start winning then look at standings.
    1 win in last 8.
    2 in last 11.

Blog Entries

The Steelers will be lucky to win 5 games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.